Thread: Weird Persona 4 freeze

Thanks

Default Weird Persona 4 freeze

Playing Persona 4 through PCSX2 1.4.0, specs are under the spoiler below. On 4/22, in the morning, right after the conversation with Yosuke, the screen freezes. Music is still going, but the sprites are frozen mid-step. I've loaded from save states and memory card saves, same issue. I've had almost no issues with this game so far, aside from some slowdown during scenes with the heavy fog effects. Everything I've been able to find about the game freezing badly has been during the Shadow Yukiko fight, and is also from much older versions. I appreciate any help; I'd really like to not have to start completely over.

Specs:
    Spoiler warning:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	91 
Size:	7.0 KB 
ID:	56490

Settings:
    Spoiler warning:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pcsx2_CoreSettings_EE-IOP.png 
Views:	103 
Size:	33.4 KB 
ID:	56491Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pcsx2_CoreSettings_Game Fixes.png 
Views:	100 
Size:	47.4 KB 
ID:	56492Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pcsx2_CoreSettings_Speedhacks.png 
Views:	91 
Size:	44.6 KB 
ID:	56493Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pcsx2_CoreSettings_VUs.png 
Views:	94 
Size:	35.3 KB 
ID:	56494

Thanks
    EP Points

You can check Gamefaqs or google Persona 4 saves and hopefully find one that's close to where you're at or just past it.

But yeah sounds like a run of bad luck or glitch. I don't know any magic setting that can be chosen in options for this. Don't use savestates! Even if you use a memcard save after one or several can still rarely mess things up, much older systems like NES savestates are almost always fine but.. You can try the run of the mill things and might get lucky like downloading that version of Persona 4 again or even just keep trying to load a save until it works - could happen but in the end I think you're boned.

Thanks

Yeah, I wound up having to do a total reinstall of pcsx2, but that was likely from me futzing with settings. Hopefully this one behaves if I avoid save states.

Thanks
    EP Points

I hope so. Been looking up some things about it lately and the game is listed as fully playable - it's a popular game series (although I've never played a single one) and even older versions of pcsx2 should be ok with only minor workarounds. I believe there is a special game fix in options for this particular game too. Remember you can hit f9 to switch to software mode in game if certain areas start wigging out on you, some have reported this for certain areas and bosses that slow down - nothing to do with your issue but good to know anyhow.