Thread: Trouble Running ONLY Pokemon ROMs on VBA

Thanks

Default Trouble Running ONLY Pokemon ROMs on VBA

Hello,

I'm using the VisualBoy Advance emulator. I have many ROMs that run perfectly fine (Donkey Kong, Tales, Mario, Sonic, etc.), but I seem to be having trouble with any Pokemon ROM. I download the file, unzip it to the same folder all my other VBA files are in, but when I go to open the game, the emulator just displays a blank white screen. The ONLY exception is this particular file, which is from another website. I notice that it may be a different file type, judging by the [a1] after its name...For some reason, it will proceed past the "start" screen, only to freeze up after saying something about a circuit board component:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pokemon_FireRed_Error_Screen.jpg 
Views:	555 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	56407

I would consider changing emulators, if VBA weren't the only one I could get to run on my Windows 7 laptop. And, as I said, these Pokemon files (Fire Red, Emerald, etc.) are the only ROMs I can't seem to run. Can anybody offer any help?
    Last edited by deadlegion; 22nd-June-2018 at 20:17. Reason: offsite link removed

Thanks
    Thanked 1,278 Times in 539 Posts
    EP Points

Try messing with your save type first go to options >emulator >save type ,then change it too--> automatic & Flash 128k....should fix your problem for Fire Red, Emerald, etc.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	visualboy-fix-1m-sub-circuit-board-error.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	56433
    Alternative Fix
    For Visual Boy Advance users, if the error persists after following the mentioned steps above, give this alternative solution a try. Zorlon, the forum administrator of emuparadise created a version of vba-over.ini that will fix the issue. What the file does is, it auto-setup the games that do not auto-detect correctly.

Download the file, extract, copy vba-over.ini and paste it in the same folder location where your VisualBoy Advance is. https://www.emuparadise.me/links-and...vba-over.ini/5
    Last edited by killapinke; 27th-June-2018 at 14:37.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to killapinke For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Your first bit of advice seems to have worked fine. I'll update if I have further issues.

Thank You!