Thread: Corruption error on Yoshi's Island

Thanks

Default Corruption error on Yoshi's Island

I downloaded the file for Yoshi's Island for GBA, tried to run it on the VBA emulator and got a "Saved Data Corrupted" error. I thought maybe it was a compatability issue somehow and went and downloaded another file from the same category and tried to run it the exact same way and it runs fine. (Super Mario Advance 4 - SMB 3, btw) The file downloads fine and it starts up to a message from the rom devs, hit start to bypass it to the actual game and it says data corrupted. Just wanted to pass it along. Not sure if this is the right place to do that or not, if not, please let me know place to do so.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Trialtos View Post
    I downloaded the file for Yoshi's Island for GBA, tried to run it on the VBA emulator and got a "Saved Data Corrupted" error. I thought maybe it was a compatability issue somehow and went and downloaded another file from the same category and tried to run it the exact same way and it runs fine. (Super Mario Advance 4 - SMB 3, btw) The file downloads fine and it starts up to a message from the rom devs, hit start to bypass it to the actual game and it says data corrupted. Just wanted to pass it along. Not sure if this is the right place to do that or not, if not, please let me know place to do so.
    Can't remember exactly where but in the options you can change the type of save so I would look for that and switch it to 128k or another and see if that works.

Thanks

I looked, and I couldn't find a setting like that, but admittedly I'm not too knowledgeable about stuff like this. I have a basic understanding of the programs and how to run the roms, and I haven't had any problems like this. I don't really understand how the different settings work. Anything more precise? Like a menu path I can follow? Went through all the settings I could find and nothing fixed it.

Thanks
    EP Points

Should be Options => Emulator => Save type and try the 128k option. It could be different depending on which iteration of VBA like VBA-M etc..

Also can a mod move this to the right spot?