Thread: Nestopia is not detecting when I input Select or Start on my Xbox One S gamepad

Thanks
    EP Points

Question Nestopia is not detecting when I input Select or Start on my Xbox One S gamepad

So I'm trying to bind my buttons to Nestopia with my Bluetooth-connected Xbox One S controller. Every button works fine, and I can play the game with every other button, but I can't use Select or Start. In the Input Configuration when it asks for Select or Start, I can press the button as many times as I want but nothing happens. I don't think it even knows I'm pushing it. Those buttons work fine on ZSNES and other emulators, so I don't know what the problem is. I'm on Ubuntu(xfce) by the way.

Any help is appreciated.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Are you using the original Nestopia or are you using Nestopia UE (Undead Edition) ?

I suggest you use RetroArch and the Nestopia UE core in that if all else fails.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    Are you using the original Nestopia or are you using Nestopia UE (Undead Edition) ?

I suggest you use RetroArch and the Nestopia UE core in that if all else fails.
    I'm using UE version 1.47. And I've tried RetroArch but it's incompatible with what I use to record it, and crashes easily. There are some other problems with RA I won't get into. I honestly didn't even know there was an "Undead Edition", and I only just saw the "UE" on the header. Would the original Nestopia work any differently?

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by NotRollo View Post
    I'm using UE version 1.47. And I've tried RetroArch but it's incompatible with what I use to record it, and crashes easily. There are some other problems with RA I won't get into. I honestly didn't even know there was an "Undead Edition", and I only just saw the "UE" on the header. Would the original Nestopia work any differently?
    Thats odd you are having issues with RetroArch, do you think you could report the issues to the devs?

The original Nestopia is inferior to the UE fork of the emulator.

I wish I had more Linux EXP so I could help you with your issue better.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

Thats odd you are having issues with RetroArch, do you think you could report the issues to the devs?
    Yeah, I'll definitely contact the developers about it.

I wish I had more Linux EXP so I could help you with your issue better.
    I wish my PC was running Windows, haha. Thanks for your help, though.