Thread: Question about NEStopia and Game Genie codes

Thanks

Default Question about NEStopia and Game Genie codes

Hi. It's my first time using NEStopia. I figured out how to get Game Genie codes to work, but now what I want to know is, how do I turn a Game Genie code OFF? I have the code entered under "Temporary Codes," but even if I uncheck the box or delete the code entirely, it's still in effect when I return to the game. How do I turn it off and on at will? (There are certain parts of the game when I want the code in effect and other parts where I want to play normally.)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Uncheck the box will turn it off.
    Codes may not work immediately and they probably won't turn off immediately either, but I'm just guessing about the latter I don't know for sure.
    Save states can mess up your game, this goes for any emu save states.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Uncheck the box will turn it off.
    Codes may not work immediately and they probably won't turn off immediately either, but I'm just guessing about the latter I don't know for sure.
    Save states can mess up your game, this goes for any emu save states.
    Nope, no matter how long I wait after unchecking, the Game Genie code remains intact.

Also, another weird thing is, whenever I close out the game and return to it (via save state, that is) the cheat code is gone altogether in the Cheats screen of the Options menu. And yet... the GG code is still active during gameplay even though it's not there at all.

Is it really my use of save states that's causing this problem? Do I have to play without save states to be able to turn Game Genie off and on at will? =/

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

You're using save states and your game is corrupted, that's my guess. It happens.

I don't know about using codes though, and tbh I'm not an emu guy but I've read enough over the years to pick up some things.
    NES games are definitely playable without save states, just use the save feature (if present) in the actual game itself.

Spoiler warning: