Thread: Can't get any games to work :( [PCSX2]

Thanks

Default Can't get any games to work :( [PCSX2]

So, I've downloaded a few games from here in the PS2 section and used your listed emulator (PCSX2) and I can't get any games to work. I'm mainly trying to play Star Wars: Battlefront 2 & Manhunt 2. Every time I play it comes up with "File Not Found - Path: IsoFileSystem". PCSX2 website are being a bunch of (Insert oscenity) and refuse to help. Hopefully someone has a clue!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Thread moved.

Just in case nobody has mentioned it yet, both of those titles were released on PC.

Spoiler warning:

3. The Following User Says Thank You to deadlegion For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks for that.

They absolutely were! But, I can only legally obtain Manhunt 2 as an AUS copy (no gore) so I tried PS2 US Emulation.

Thanks
    EP Points

Legally you can import a title yourself and play it, even if it has been refused classification. There is pretty much no such thing as "banned".
    You aren't going to get fined or whatever for owning a game that was refused classification, or was resubmitted after censoring by the dev and you import the uncensored version.
    You only get into trouble (technically) if you try to sell such a game domestically...although I've seen EB and Cash Converters sell OS copies of games that they shouldn't be legally.

Emulating is a different matter of legality. Afaik you shouldn't be emulating anything, the law only allows you to mod consoles to allow out of region games that you own...but maybe I'm not up to date on the laws for that here.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Ah ok. I'm still trying to find a USA Copy of manhunt for PC now.

Is there any way I can get the ones i've downloaded from your site to work? Or even if you can point me in the right direction?

TIA

Thanks
    EP Points

Unlikely we would have the PC versions, on the main site there's only really old abandonware PC stuff, in the forums there isn't much and it has to be over 10 years old. Maybe there are more recent re-releases of them out there but I can't talk about that 'cos warez rules.
    If you're a filthy pirate like many Aussies I'd try the usual places.

You could try emulating the PS2 versions anyway, I mean I only mentioned they had PC versions as that is sometimes less complicated for people
    I wouldn't know about emu issues though I'm a console guy.

Spoiler warning:

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

This any help?

https://www.epforums.org/showthread....so-flie-system

The emulator in itself is good and fairly easy to use, but I haven't done it in ages myself, sadly.

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah make sure you have an .iso/.img file. All files are zipped here so use 7zip to extract them. It's also possible if iso/img is associated with 7zip it could be extracting the img itself. So always make sure you have that .iso/.img file extension and load it then boot cd/dvd fast.

Keep in mind games like battlefront 2 especially takes a fair pc to be able to run properly.

As for the pc version I think it's well within the ten year time frame so I don't mind mentioning there's a torrent of it with a collection of mods like extra maps, expanded space battles etc.. bouncing around out there - much superior and better looking than the shitty ps2 version and can be run much more easily. Sure you could find it. Also works with a 360/xbone controller

Thanks

Elmdor Rizer, trying some points from that link. Having to re-download the games as i deleted the .zip files. I'm using Winrar hopefully it works :/

Zaladane, I just found out my WinRar was associated to my extracted ISO files. So I de-selected that and am trying again.
    As for the modded version, I'd love to find it! I can never seem to get older games to work when torrented though. And seems having no luck here either. I'll let you both know how I go when this download is finished. *Yay australian internet speeds!*

So weird... I just did all that listed in the link forum, and still no luck I have no idea wtf is going on
    Last edited by deadlegion; 26th-May-2018 at 11:41. Reason: merged posts

Thanks
    EP Points

Can you post any screenshots of the files and possibly your pcsx2 settings?

Do you have the bios file for pcsx2?

Also use 7zip it's free and handles more than winrar does.

Thanks

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post my situation here I'm having problems loading my usb ps2 games on my opl the game looks like its gonna load up but stops on loading screen if someone could walk me through to get my games working again through usb be most appreciated oh I don't have the hack installed on my ps2 sense my memory card is that 128mb found out gotta say magic gate I use action replay to boot up every time its a pain yes but it still works I got psx games working no prob same with snes and Sega and the new gba but its weird I was playing opl just fine the other day now it not wanting to load all the way

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by biggpoppa0527 View Post
    Sorry if this is the wrong place to post my situation here I'm having problems loading my usb ps2 games on my opl the game looks like its gonna load up but stops on loading screen if someone could walk me through to get my games working again through usb be most appreciated oh I don't have the hack installed on my ps2 sense my memory card is that 128mb found out gotta say magic gate I use action replay to boot up every time its a pain yes but it still works I got psx games working no prob same with snes and Sega and the new gba but its weird I was playing opl just fine the other day now it not wanting to load all the way
    Create your own thread please. For starters this has nothing to do with the issues the OP had and you aren't even in the correct section, this section is for emulation not consoles.

Spoiler warning: