Thread: Super Mario All-Stars for Wii, in a *.WAD file... Is it possible?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Super Mario All-Stars for Wii, in a *.WAD file... Is it possible?

The title mostly says, and before you start posting "A Wii game can hold 4.5GB and the Wii memory can hold 512MB", let's take a look!

If you unpack Super Mario All-Stars' contents from the Wii Disc, you will see how much space it holds:

Size.png
    Size: 9,67 MB (10.141.341 bytes)
    Size on drive: 9,71 MB (10.182.656 bytes)

It's even weirder when you look in the folder!

Folder.png

Proof that it is the 000000X.app file in a folder, I unpacked an *.app file from a different Virtual Console *.wad, with ShowMiiWads, and the files are mostly the same.

Then I went working, but I struggled.
    Injectuwad didn't inject a Super Mario All-Stars romfile correctly, causing the Wii to show a black screen,
    CustomizeMii showed the wrong colors and layers in Icons & Banners
    and I overall didn't got it to work.
    However, as proof it CAN work, here is a video with the color dismissmatch. (Dumped with CrapV3.3b)

https://www.dropbox.com/preview/2018...2015-46-06.mp4

So, is it possible we can get this to work so we don't have to use a disc anymore?
    (yes, we can use an usb loader but I don't give a crap about those because I never got them to work, and yes, someone patched SMAS + SMW correctly, but it's the overall visuals that I like to see here)

Ok, cool, thanks!
    -Trash is out
    Note to everyone who wants to contact me:
    This account has been abandonned as of February 1st of 2020. Because I cannot share any links to other social media in this signature, I recommend you to Google my username, and some of the top results may help you out. (or search for my GBAtemp signature, which should be helpful enough)

Do not try to send any DMs to me via the EPForums, because I've disabled them.

Also, to any of the mods on this site, do not delete this account.

Regards,
    Trash_Bandatcoot

Thanks
    Thanked 1,278 Times in 539 Posts
    EP Points

Injectuwad has be same size as WAD file if ROM is 4.5GB WAD has be 4.5GB/ 5gb

Thanks
    EP Points

You don't fully understand.
    A *.wad file needs to be under about 200mb. A *.wad file above 512mb is impossible.
    I think you're confused with the term *.iso or *.wbfs
    Note to everyone who wants to contact me:
    This account has been abandonned as of February 1st of 2020. Because I cannot share any links to other social media in this signature, I recommend you to Google my username, and some of the top results may help you out. (or search for my GBAtemp signature, which should be helpful enough)

Do not try to send any DMs to me via the EPForums, because I've disabled them.

Also, to any of the mods on this site, do not delete this account.

Regards,
    Trash_Bandatcoot