Thread: CRC Error for Champions of Norrath (US) ISO

Thanks

Default CRC Error for Champions of Norrath (US) ISO

Champions of Norrath (USA).7z, from https://www.emuparadise.me/Sony_Play...h_(USA)/150392

Downloaded 3 times, CRC error every time when trying to extract with WinRAR.

https://aboutmybrowser.com/PZ1tiPWP

EDIT: When using 7Zip, it allows me to keep the corrupt file. Only 740 or so MB are able to be extracted from it.
    Last edited by OroCrimson; 20th-May-2018 at 00:01.

Thanks
    EP Points

oo that's pretty big for a ps2 game.

anyway, i doubt it has anything to do with your browser. i've got it extracting now and... extraction successful with no errors (using 7zip). thing is, however, this was one of those games where you played online so i doubt it'll even run at all. unless it had an offline single player mode like phantasy star universe did.

let's see... huh, so it does have an offline mode. cool

i dunno what caused the problems you described but it downloaded and worked fine for me. if it's a matter of corrupted files though, you likely need to redownload and/or check your internet connection.

Thanks

I've downloaded from Emuparadise 3 times and downloaded from other websites like Romhustler and run into the same issue. I can download other ISOs fine, just this one causing issues. That's really bizarre.

Also unlike Phantasy Star, this game was a single player game mainly that just so happened to support online play. It isn't an online focused game like Phantasy Star or .hack//FRAGMENT are. Has local co-op too. Super fun game.
    Last edited by OroCrimson; 20th-May-2018 at 01:12.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by OroCrimson View Post
    I've downloaded from Emuparadise 3 times and downloaded from other websites like Romhustler and run into the same issue. I can download other ISOs fine, just this one causing issues. That's really bizarre.

Also unlike Phantasy Star, this game was a single player game mainly that just so happened to support online play. It isn't an online focused game like Phantasy Star or .hack//FRAGMENT are. Has local co-op too. Super fun game.
    strange and after trying it out earlier, it plays pretty similar to the Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance games. though, gender selection aside, champions of norrath has a smaller character selection to choose from.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by treos View Post
    strange and after trying it out earlier, it plays pretty similar to the Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance games. though, gender selection aside, champions of norrath has a smaller character selection to choose from.
    It uses a modified version of the Dark Alliance engine. Same dev.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Just got the same error from .hack//GU vol. 1.

That definitely shouldn't be happening.
    What the heck is going on with me? @.@

Thanks
    EP Points

Use a download manager.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Already tried that. Used JDownloader on my third or fourth attempt at Champions. No cigar.

Tried switching to FTP mode on account to this https://www.epforums.org/showthread....ingle-PSP-game for a second attempt at .hack//GU. Still no cigar.

This is bizarre.

Thanks
    EP Points

Do you have a wireless connection?

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

I do use a wireless connection.

8th time's the charm I guess, did .hack//GU in JDownloader and *closed Firefox* and it worked.

Also, I downloaded Champions a while back from Romulation instead. Took 4 hours, but it worked. And then I couldn't run it without extreme slowdown. So I deleted it. :v

yay.

Thanks
    EP Points

Did you choose to download via FTP? If you have file corruption, we recommend using FTP as it's more stable.

Thanks

Tried switching to FTP mode on account to this https://www.epforums.org/showthread....ingle-PSP-game for a second attempt at .hack//GU. Still no cigar.
    Though tbh I think what finally worked was closing Firefox or maybe Deluge. Something about them interfered.

Thanks
    EP Points

Though tbh I think what finally worked was closing Firefox or maybe Deluge. Something about them interfered.
    Attempting direct downloads (especially decent file sizes) when having a torrent client running is never a good idea.

Spoiler warning: