Thread: just wondering... what are the full titles for these 2 games?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default just wondering... what are the full titles for these 2 games?

i was going to download the 2 ps2 castlevania titles (curse of darkness and lament of innocence) and noticed something odd. why are the following 2 games listed as... "Castlevania" and nothing else?

https://www.emuparadise.me/Sony_Play...,Es,It)/152836

https://www.emuparadise.me/Sony_Play...(En,Ja)/151568

you already have the EU version of curse of darkness listed as such but these 2 are simply listed as castlevania with no subtitles. so i'm curious as to which games these really are.

Thanks
    EP Points

The first link looks like lament from the picture at least, can't really tell from the second, think it might be the same though

Thanks
    EP Points

Hard to say since they were put there so long ago. If you don't mind checking and telling us we'll update the titles to be more accurate.

Thanks
    EP Points

uh...ok. just need to find the ps2 EU bios first. already got the japan and (obviously) american bios.

i am loving this cable internet. no longer must i wait hours and whole nights to download big files. no more griping about that laptop either. this desktop can handle just about anything i throw at it. aside from certain pas2 games but...the requirements for emulation is something of a case-by-case thing depending on the game. can't expect them all to run great even on this good a desktop.

alright, got the bios, now for the games.

and the EU game is... the heck is this? language select...normal PAL stuff... a video mode select? since when do PAL versions of games come with a video mode select?

Current Video Mode: PAL(50Hz)

Start Game
    Test NTSC(60Hz)
    Set Video Mode to NTSC(60Hz)
    Set Video Mode to PAL(50Hz)

what? well...even the title screen simply says Castlevania with no subtitle. it's clearly lament of innocence though.

now the japanese one. ok, they're both lament of innocence. something minor worth noting is cutscenes can't be skipped in the japanese version. not by default anyway, might be a setting for it in the options menu i can't read in this version. oh and this one does have the subtitle on the title screen but it's nothing fancy like most castlevania games, just a small scribble off to the side.

also, if that video mode select in the EU version is anything to go by, that version has a lower frame rate than the english version by default.

another thing to note is not all of the text in the japanese version is japanese. all of the menu text is in english. as is the name entry screen, the right joystick shortcut menu has the titles in english but the items and whatnot are japanese. and...in the cutscene where the bridge lowers when you first enter the castle has the games title as castlevania with no subtitle.

these 2 versions of this game are strange compared to most EU and JAP versions of games i've seen in the past.