Thread: Faulty joystick on the N64 USB controller by Retrolink. Any solutions?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Faulty joystick on the N64 USB controller by Retrolink. Any solutions?

Title says it already.
    I have a problem with the controller, anytime I wanted to make a circle, it will straight draw a line at one of the sides like this:

Joystick.png

I have opened the previous controller, try to find the problem, and I found out that the joystick itself is the problem. I took of that little plastic thing, and now it was able to make a full circle, however, I never knew how to fix it, so I wanted to put it back together, but I broke a lot, so I got a new one for christmas.
    I lost the receipt, of course, and I want to try it again, this time with help from you guys.
    Is there anything I can do about it?
    Note to everyone who wants to contact me:
    This account has been abandonned as of February 1st of 2020. Because I cannot share any links to other social media in this signature, I recommend you to Google my username, and some of the top results may help you out. (or search for my GBAtemp signature, which should be helpful enough)

Do not try to send any DMs to me via the EPForums, because I've disabled them.

Also, to any of the mods on this site, do not delete this account.

Regards,
    Trash_Bandatcoot

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Have you surfed around looking for a superior controller?

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...ywords=N64+USB
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

No, not really. I don't go on Amazon, I got it from my local gaming store instead because I never order stuff online.
    This account has been abandonned as of February 1st of 2020. Because I cannot share any links to other social media in this signature, I recommend you to Google my username, and some of the top results may help you out. (or search for my GBAtemp signature, which should be helpful enough)

Regards,
    Trash_Bandatcoot

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Trash Bandatcoot View Post
    No, not really. I don't go on Amazon, I got it from my local gaming store instead because I never order stuff online.
    May I suggest you give it a try?

Sometimes your only option is to order online, places like Amazon/Newegg/Ebay are good and if you don't want your credentials exploited on the internet you can buy a prepaid charge card and use that instead.

Places like Walgreens carry prepaid cards for various online shops.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

Again, I don't use Amazon. Here in the Netherlands we have Amazon, but I use a completely different site called Bol.com.
    So I looked on it a bit and I found this controller I like:
    https://www.bol.com/nl/p/n64-nintend...pe=typedsearch
    Problem is though is that this is the same controller as the others listed, and 1 comment said the Joystick & D-Pad work the same, so the joystick is just a little plate that connects to the D-Pad.
    I will try to dig into some other sites. Thanks!

Regards,
    Trash_Bandatcoot

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Glad I could help?

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah, a little bit I guess!

Regards,
    Trash_Bandatcoot