Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Console Gaming over PC

Thanks
    EP Points

Interesting to see other's points. As mentioned before I play both console and PC games. Though if consoles go all digital, I might stop with consoles. I also agree that games on PC these days are huge and take up a lot of HDD space, hence why I have a HDD for PC games. Also, it doesen't help with big games on PC if you have slow internet and it takes ages to download them.

Thanks

I prefer console gaming. Console gaming typically delivers new game specific hardware in the form of peripherals. You could argue they're gimmicky, but it's the only thing keeping consoles from being a under powered P.C. Some examples I can think of are the VMU on the Dreamcast, the Wiimote for the Wii, and Steel Battalion mech controller for the Xbox. Eventually P.C gaming makes a usb cable to use these things on P.C, but it's always console developers who dream this stuff up first. Developers also build their games around game specific peripherals and implement them better on consoles. It's an after thought with P.C exclusive titles. I think the game design philosophy behind console hardware lends more to creating new peripherals because a console's core function is to play games. Most hardware for the console will revolve around this game-centric design philosophy and is specifically designed with it's software in mind.

Thanks

I'd personally like to see the comparison of the Xbox One X release of RDRD2 with the PC release (obviously coming).

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sirworm View Post
    I'd personally like to see the comparison of the Xbox One X release of RDRD2 with the PC release (obviously coming).
    Nobody is sure it's obviously coming to PC atm. The previous title and Red Dead Revolver didn't have PC releases.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

I prefer PC. I can choose whether I'll play using keyboard/mouse or a joypad. Beside all the games that were made for PC and its exclusives, I can also play pretty much anything made for Wii or older consoles (well, except maybe Xbox and Saturn), I don't have to buy an entirely new machine after some time, and finally, I'm too piss poor to afford a modern console.

So basically, the only thing I'm missing out on are the console exclusives, and there aren't many of them I'm dying to play.

Thanks

Im going to go against the grain here. I remember as a kid i always wanted gaming consoles we never really had the extra cash for it, so i play alot of dos games. I grew up gamin on a pc and for me i ge bored of console gaming quickly. I feel and this is my own opinion entirely that the majority of console games are limited in terms of games that give that open world sandbox feel. This may not be so much anymore but back then 10 20 years ago it was, Also strategy games like red alert, age of empires and fps games worked better for me with a mouse.

Im pretty sure however nowadays you could get a mouse for your console hahaha. BUT games of today arent what they were either.
    No links allowed.