Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Console Gaming over PC

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Console Gaming over PC

Hello,

ok so this might sound a little weird, but does anyone prefer console gaming over PC. I built myself a gaming PC and I still kinda prefer console gaming. I don't know if its a nostalgic thing or because its easier, could be a combo of the two. Plus, the exclusives for consoles, some end up on PC, but I don't think we're gonna see games like Uncharted get PC ports anytime soon. Yes I know emulation, but that's different from a port. I'm not dissing on either, I just seem to prefer console gaming over PC at times. I still play PC games, but something about console gaming just brings me back.
    Last edited by LeftyGuitar; 10th-May-2018 at 03:38.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

I prefer consoles over PC.
    PC has plenty of exclusives but basically I just can't be bothered, and I'd rather spend money on more consoles for my collection than upgrading PC hardware.
    There is an element of nostalgia but when I started playing games it was arcade cabinets I'm not collecting those.

I do collect physical PC games given the chance (free or dirt cheap), I just never play them now

Spoiler warning:

3. The Following User Says Thank You to deadlegion For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

I do not conceive playing games if it's not on a console. Couldn't care less about PC exclusives.

Thanks
    EP Points

Interesting to see others who prefer console over PC. Don't get me wrong, I play on PC and obviously you can adjust more settings on a PC game, plus there's mods. However I still find myself drawn to console gaming. Plus for now an advantage consoles have over PC is physical copies of games. Though that sadly seems to be dwindling. Yes there are physical copies of PC games, but those have mostly vanished with Steam gaining full momentum. As long as consoles still have physical copies of games, I will most likely continue to collect/play them.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'm in the console party, though I actually play anything Of course that said, anybody who knows me can testify I'm nothing if not weird, so take that how you will

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

PC > Console

Can do so much more with a PC than a locked down console.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

I've been leaning towards pc the last couple of years. But in general it's usually both.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    Can do so much more with a PC than a locked down console.
    Which is why people hack consoles.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Why not both?

Since I'm not very rich I can't afford new consoles (and games for them aren't very cheap either) so I'm kinda stuck with PC. And that doesn't bother me. I can play plethora of older video games thanks to emulation, and as for the new games - I'll just wait. Either we'll get functioning emulators for them, or their price will lower and they'll become more affordable.

Thanks
    EP Points

I think people are kinda forgetting my original question. Its more about if you prefer console gaming over PC. Of course it is interesting to see everyone's opinions. Also, nothing wrong with both.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah I think there's a difference between preferring consoles because of nostalgia and/or ease of use instead of saying you can't afford consoles. Not being able to afford something is a serious barrier it isn't really a matter of choice.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

I use both but for very different types of games. Genuinely retro 2D stuff and increasingly original Playstation console era and earlier games I now go for the PC version if still available cheaply. Mostly that is for with the better picture quality you get on PC. Old Tomb Raider series at 576i/50Hz on a PAL PS versus 1024p/60Hz on PC - no contest.

I have all my old consoles though and many still get very regular use, particularly the original Xbox and PSOne.

The one thing I can not bear with PCs is using a keyboard/mouse for anyting apart from a RTS and a few very simple games with basic controls. A controller/joypad is after all a dedicated keyboard meant for the job. A standard keyboard is a compromise hardware interface and often an overly complex and physically awkward one.
    Last edited by TheAbysmalDark; 12th-May-2018 at 11:48.

Thanks

I have both but my wife and kid use the console mostly while I prefer PC.

I enjoy older console games more but current console games have 0 appeal to me, while PC has the games I enjoy these days.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Simple hardware for simple minds. #PCMR

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks
    EP Points

I honestly don't care what people use and I never understood why there are certain elitists within the PC community that would start drama over it like this is still grade school? It's signs of immaturity and childishness, but then again in today's society we have a problem with people who hadn't still grown up emotionally due to the crappy upbringing of people these days. Then again these senseless and meaningless fanboy wars is what makes the gaming community look bad to being with, but people don't even care. Sigh. People have different preferences, but the problem is that people can't understand others since they don't know how to walk in others shoes which is a bothersome problem. They live in a bubble, but this bubble thing is a problem in many hardcore communities in general. I say that since consoles are not going anywhere in an age where most people do most of their computing through smartphones (for better or worse) and laptops now, yet many don't even understand this.

When it comes to modern gaming, I would rather play things on the console, because with a PC I don't want to always have the latest parts for games I hardly play since I don't play modern games much for it to be worth it, two hard disk space is too much with these game sizes these days, and backing up my disk which I do once a month will take take even longer with those files on my hard drive, and three I want a dedicated machine that does all of that.

I do play PC games but only older ones by the way, anything newer than 7th generation is going to be console.
    Last edited by Yugix; 2nd-June-2018 at 13:59.