Thread: High quality Zelda soundtrack is missing

Thanks
    EP Points

Default High quality Zelda soundtrack is missing

According to this post https://www.emuparadise.me/News/comments.php?id=635 the High Quality Soundtracks Section of the website is supposed to have the "The Legend of Zelda Sound & Drama" CD soundtrack. However, it seems to have been removed. Maybe to save server space? Whatever the case. I really want it, BADLY. I can find MP3 copies elsewhere on the net, but the copy that was supposed to be here at Emuparadise is the FLAC copy. FLAC is completely lossless. As such, I really really really really want it. But it's not available ANYWHERE ELSE on the internet. Whichever EP site admin originally uploaded it to the the site, PLEASE REUPLOAD IT. I'm DYING to get a copy of this. PLEASE!

Thanks
    EP Points

You can find it here: https://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?54273

Edit: I've also added it to the main site.
    Last edited by MasJ; 13th-April-2018 at 10:46.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MasJ View Post
    You can find it here: https://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?54273

Edit: I've also added it to the main site.
    Thanks, but it still doesn't work. I can see it in the html code of the page https://www.emuparadise.me/soundtrac...lity/index.php by doing ctrl+u in my browser, but the link doesn't show up on the webpage itself. In fact, all links to song sets after the one for "Tales of Phantasia OST" do not show up. I looked at the html code, and I think I see what is wrong.

Here's a few lines of code from my browser's webpage code display.
    Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. Notice what's wrong? Every use of the <b> html tag in these lines (the ones used for links) fails to have a closing </b> tag. The result is that the browser recursively has a bunch of opened <b> tags that never got closed, and beyond a certain recursive depth, it simply stops processing the html code (meaning that the last several lines with links to music never show up, including the one I'm interested in). In fact, I'm surprised that that page isn't even more broken as a result of this error.

Unfortunately it seems it is a PHP based webpage rather than HTML, so the HTML is generated on-the-fly, which means you have an error in your PHP code somewhere. And if this code being used was taken from a pre-built "black box", that you just implemented on your website, then there may no way to fix it (especially if the author of the PHP module obfuscated the code). You may have to find who wrote the PHP module you are using on your site and contact him with this bug report, and just hope he gets around to fixing it.

Thanks
    EP Points

You kind of jumped the gun there. What browser are you using even? Even though the page did have an open tag, most browsers will not get stuck on that. I could see the page perfectly on both Chrome and Firefox, and even on mobile.

Also, did you even check the link I posted above? It has the soundtrack you want.

Thanks
    EP Points

You kind of jumped the gun there. What browser are you using even? Even though the page did have an open tag, most browsers will not get stuck on that. I could see the page perfectly on both Chrome and Firefox, and even on mobile.

Also, did you even check the link I posted above? It has the soundtrack you want.
    I was using Firefox.

Yes the link you posted works, but you also said you uploaded it to the main site. And that is where it (and a couple dozen other soundtracks) don't appear, because of this bug.
    Last edited by Videogamer555; 14th-April-2018 at 18:45.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Videogamer555 View Post
    I was using Firefox.

Yes the link you posted works, but you also said you uploaded it to the main site. And that is where it (and a couple dozen other soundtracks) don't appear, because of this bug.
    We've already fixed that issue. Does it load for you now?

But in any case, the page was loading fine in Chrome and Firefox before as well because when you pointed out the issue the first thing I did was check the page.

Thanks
    EP Points

We've already fixed that issue. Does it load for you now?

But in any case, the page was loading fine in Chrome and Firefox before as well because when you pointed out the issue the first thing I did was check the page.
    Ok, the links to the missing game soundtracks all show now. Thanks.

One more thing would be nice though. All the other game soundtracks allow the downloading of individual FLAC tracks. This particular one forces you to download the whole zip file. While this bulk download via zip file option is great, it would also be nice if there were links to the individual FLAC tracks from that CD. That way I don't have to wait for the whole zip file to download if I just want one song. This is important if downloading on slower connections, if you just want one song.

Thanks
    EP Points

Ok, the links to the missing game soundtracks all show now. Thanks.

One more thing would be nice though. All the other game soundtracks allow the downloading of individual FLAC tracks. This particular one forces you to download the whole zip file. While this bulk download via zip file option is great, it would also be nice if there were links to the individual FLAC tracks from that CD. That way I don't have to wait for the whole zip file to download if I just want one song. This is important if downloading on slower connections, if you just want one song.
    We used to do that for older soundtracks but with faster connections most of our users requested that downloads be packaged into a single big file so we're going to keep this format from here on.

Thanks
    EP Points

We used to do that for older soundtracks but with faster connections most of our users requested that downloads be packaged into a single big file so we're going to keep this format from here on.
    Can't you do both? Below the zip file link, post all the separate flac file links.

Some connections are still slow (like free WiFi in retail stores).

Some older devices have limited space. For example, my Droid Maxx (an older Android phone) has about 1gb remaining of free storage. Downloading a large zip file, only to extract a few songs that I want takes up a lot of space. And can make other programs run slow if they need to store temporary files for their operation. If I could just download the specific songs that I want from your website, that would work much better for me.
    Last edited by Videogamer555; 15th-April-2018 at 19:26.

Thanks
    EP Points

Can't you do both? Below the zip file link, post all the separate flac file links.

Some connections are still slow (like free WiFi in retail stores).

Some older devices have limited space. For example, my Droid Maxx (an older Android phone) has about 1gb remaining of free storage. Downloading a large zip file, only to extract a few songs that I want takes up a lot of space. And can make other programs run slow if they need to store temporary files for their operation. If I could just download the specific songs that I want from your website, that would work much better for me.
    We don't have enough server space to do both. So we'll just take the approach that most of our visitors have requested.

Thanks
    EP Points

We don't have enough server space to do both. So we'll just take the approach that most of our visitors have requested.
    Ok. That makes sense.