Thread: MAME/Retroarch to play Dragons Lair on PS3, wont work

Thanks

Default MAME/Retroarch to play Dragons Lair on PS3, wont work

hello,

I can get roms for SNES, Sega, NES, PS2 and PS1 to work but I cannot get MAME rons that have .bin files in them to run on my rertoarch that I have installed on my PS3. I can get other games like Ms. Pacman, Ladybug to run from a .zip file and opening with 1 of the 4 MAME options that come with retroarch, but I don't know what I am doing wrong to not be able to start these games, Dragons Lair, Dragons Lair 2, Space Ace.

Can these be run on a PS3 console? Can I Use Retroarch? Has anybody else got these games working?

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Got a way to hook your PC up to your TV/sound system?

Even a Raspberry Pi 3 will do the trick.

BTW you leave MAME roms as is, they stay in .zip format and you do not rename them.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks

I do but its really not what I was looking for as far as a solution to this. I want to be able to take my PS3 over to my friends house and have all in one retro game night including a handful of arcade games

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by scampo77 View Post
    I do but its really not what I was looking for as far as a solution to this. I want to be able to take my PS3 over to my friends house and have all in one retro game night including a handful of arcade games
    Ah, gotcha.

If that is the case I suggest you join the RetroArch irc channel and ask the devs and other dudes more in depth questions like that.

I am a huge supporter of RetroArch but sadly I am unable to hack my PS3 so I can't answer questions related to RA on PS3.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.