Thread: Trouble running only Resident Evil

Thanks

Default Trouble running only Resident Evil

The only game I'm having trouble running is Resident Evil one,RE1 Director's cut,and the dual shock versions.They run up to "start game",some words flash across the screen,then nothing but black screen,no sound,no video.I've downloaded all the versions a couple times,even some from places other than Emuparadise,and they were all no go's.I've got 8 other games up and running fine,even learned how to use downloaded game saves,but I just can't figure this out.Anyone have a working copy?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

There's no info about what emulator you're using. Without that the most help I can give is to suggest you check out PSXDATACENTER.com for working plugin configurations and suggested emulators.

If you post with what emulator you are using then it's likely somebody can help you more.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to skullpoker For This Useful Post:

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If you wish to use the better simpler Emulation solution use RetroArch, please make a help thread regarding it if you need help and tips.

It is mostly a set it and forget it approach, no super convoluted tripe like epsxe.

Also the quality of the disc image helps too.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.