Thread: New Super Mario Bros Wii randomly crashes

Thanks

Default New Super Mario Bros Wii randomly crashes

Hi all,

I'm running a wii with a hardware wode mod.

Every game seems to run fine, but there seems to be an issue with New Super Mario Bros, and it randomly crashes during world 1-2 at different places. Frustrating because it makes the game unplayable. it is also the only game where there is any problems like this.

I have tried different game rips of NSMB, a few different settings, all to no avail.

Anyone got any recommendations?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

I assume your wii is completely updated and your also your wode firmware?
    Have you tried a redump of the game?
    You could also defrag your HDD and do a full scan to check for failing sectors etc.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Yes I have done a few dumps and defrags. On the hardware side of things:
    Wii is 4.3E
    IOS58
    Wode firmware 02.1A

Would I be right in saying that the Wode hardware won't matter because I'm running all the games from homebrew? Note too: it's only New Super Mario Bros where I seem to have the problem.

Thanks
    EP Points

It's probably a softmod issue then, ios or whatever idk.
    You could try loading the iso through wode hardware if the dump is ok it should work no probs that way.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Thanks... btw, what is the latest Wii firmware? Does upgrading the firmware on the Wii undo all the wode and/or soft-modding? Because everything seems to work ok, apart from that game, I'm reluctant to upgrade in case i break something.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Roger_K View Post
    Thanks... btw, what is the latest Wii firmware? Does upgrading the firmware on the Wii undo all the wode and/or soft-modding? Because everything seems to work ok, apart from that game, I'm reluctant to upgrade in case i break something.
    4.3 is the last update for the Wii.

Edit:
    As I said if the game works ok through wode then it's probably an ios issue. I'm not familiar with what is needed for maximum compatibility there.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 9th-April-2018 at 22:24.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

This has been doing my head in... I've decided just to buy a copy of NSMB... I'll do my own rips and see where that gets me.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Roger_K View Post
    This has been doing my head in... I've decided just to buy a copy of NSMB... I'll do my own rips and see where that gets me.
    Copies aren't dirt cheap iirc, although I did manage to get a virtually mint used copy about a year ago very cheap.
    I dunno if this is going to fix the issue you're having though. If you've got an ios problem then dumping the game won't magically give you what you need.
    Downloading a redump copy of the game is sufficient (stick to the same region as your console), it'll work 100% through wode hardware loading and if it doesn't load through homebrew that's where the problem is.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

OK so I did this... I got another console cheap, and I decided to softmod it, with the latest stuff. NSMB is working 100%. The only difference I see is the cIOS is a much newer version than on my Wode Wii.
    I'll fool around with the Wode Wii later and update the cIOS, and see if that makes the difference.
    The irony is, I ordered NSMB on e-bay yesterday, and got it working today. At least now I'll own a legit copy. Maybe it's Mario karma!