Thread: Controller Problems

Thanks

Default Controller Problems

I finally downloaded the whole package from Emuparadise(thanks).It was the ePSXe one w/the bios and everything included,including step by step instructions on how to set it up.I downloaded 7Z and Gran Turismo2.I followed the directions to the letter and finally got a game up and running.Graphics,music,everything working fine.EXCEPT my frigging controller doesn't work with it.I downloaded new drivers and made sure it was ready to go,I tried it in every USB port on my computer,including my keyboard one.It's a SteelSeries 3GC Dual analog rumble controller.I also tried all the same things with an XBOX USB controller,no luck.I searched Emuparadise for a plugin,but no luck.Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?
    Thanks for any help,I really want to get into emulation,but working 50 hours a week doesn't leave me a lot of time.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Open ePSXe > Config > Game Pad > Port 1 > Pad 1 to set up your controller. If all of the buttons are detected and configured there, it should work in-game. I believe GT2 could take Dual Shock analog controls, but if not pressing F5 should switch between Analog and Digital controls and get you working.

The trick with XBOX controllers is that if it is a 360 controller, it needs to be wired. Wireless 360 controllers don't work with windows and the charger cord, you need a separate wireless receiver. Other than that either controller should work, but note that on 360 controllers(not sure about XB1) the LT and RT work as an axis rather than 2 buttons so you would need an outside program like xPadder or JoyToKey to make those work right for L2 and R2 by setting them as keyboard keys. The issue is that pressing both together, the controller reads the same as pressing neither.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to skullpoker For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Went and bought a brand new Logitech USB controller.Did everything you said,but am unsure how you know the buttons are detected.Tried the F5 thing,can't get it working.I'm running Resident Evil right now,and everything else is running fine.It shows the opening scenes and gets to where it says "Press any Button" to play,but no go with the controller.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

When you go into the config menu to set up pad one, click in each box that has a line to a controller button and press the button on your controller that you will use for that button.
    So if you have the xbox controller plugged in and you're trying to set up ePSXe pad 1, click the box with the line that connects to SQUARE button and press X on your controller. If the text in that box changes, then you know the emulator is detecting your controllers.

If you don't configure your controller, you can use the keyboard keys shown in that window to play your games. If you honestly can't figure out how to configure your controller, maybe you can find a video on Youtube to show you.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to skullpoker For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I downloaded Retroarch late last night,and although I haven't played a game yet,the controller config. seemed to work right.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

That was more of a pain to get set up than ePSXe, but once it's set up you don't have to mess with configuration again. If you need help with that find Warrior in any post about Retroarch as he is the guru for RA.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to skullpoker For This Useful Post: