Thread: If I wanted to upload all of the games that I have in folders to the cloud, would I need to re-zip?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default If I wanted to upload all of the games that I have in folders to the cloud, would I need to re-zip?

My hard drive is getting old, and I don't want to lose all of the games I have (some are just straight up not available anymore due to publishers taking them down) and I want to upload my whole emulation folder (with separate folders for each system) to like a OneDrive account. Would I need to re-zip every ISO/bin/cue, or will uploading these folders with just the unzipped ISO/bin/cue files be okay? Or is zipping them up purely for reducing file size?
    Last edited by voorhees_13; 28th-March-2018 at 05:35.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Using any file host there is always a risk that some stuff might be removed.

Make a backup copy of everything on a brand new external HDD. It will last a long time if you don't use the drive constantly.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Ah, I’ll try that. But should I zip the whole folder or just upload the folder as is?