Thread: Weird dream

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Weird dream

So guys, how weird does your dreams get? I had a few but this one had me puzzled. By the way, I'm a retired mechanic.

Last night I dreamed that I was in an auto shop and pulled the head off an engine block. The bench is on the other side of the shop. Instead of walking to the bench I went outside, down the driveway and started walking down the street carrying the head.

I walked and walked wondering when I'm going to get to the bench. The head is getting heavy and my arms are getting tired, very tired, very very tired...

I woke up and said, Drop the damn thing already!

WTF? What was that ??

It's a little after 530am, what the hell, I'm up. Might as well make coffee.
    HEY! Get off my Lily!

Thanks
    EP Points

Weird dream indeed. Hey, how about we all write about our dreams here?

I, too, had a weird dream last night. I got out of the bed (while still dreaming, of course), and I walked straight to the elevator. As its door was about to close, Sabrina the teenage witch (looking like the version from TAS) ran over from somewhere and joined me in the elevator.

Spoiler warning:

I pressed the button for the 7th floor (the building we were in had 9 floors in total). But the elevator didn't stop there; instead, it lifted to the last, 9th floor.

Sabrina got confused, while I was pretty indifferent about it, maybe because I was still sleepy.

Suddenly, the elevator started falling down at a big speed. Sabrina panicked, but I was still indifferent. Like I was drugged or something.

Next thing I know, I was in a classroom, writing something the teacher was dictating (BTW, being in school is the thing I dream about most often). Some students around me were looking at me angrily because of the elevator accident. I don't know what happened to Sabrina (apparently she got hurt badly unlike me), and why were they blaming me for the elevator being broken.

Thanks
    EP Points

LOL, my dreams usually have a theme (recurring). I dream that I'm going places but never get there and I feel a lot of frustrations because of it. This dream was an example of it. It can be walking, driving, biking, etc. It looks like I was trying to go home but never do and never in familiar areas either.

This makes me wonder it's because of my disabilities, my limitations in mobility but I'm not in a wheelchair. I use a cane and I cannot walk far nor stand long. Either that or I have a wanderlust. I want to leave the dump I'm stuck in.
    HEY! Get off my Lily!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Old Frog View Post
    So guys, how weird does your dreams get? I had a few but this one had me puzzled. By the way, I'm a retired mechanic.

Last night I dreamed that I was in an auto shop and pulled the head off an engine block. The bench is on the other side of the shop. Instead of walking to the bench I went outside, down the driveway and started walking down the street carrying the head.

I walked and walked wondering when I'm going to get to the bench. The head is getting heavy and my arms are getting tired, very tired, very very tired...

WTF? What was that ??

When you were a mechanic how often did you become side-tracked while you were busy doing a job?

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Come to think of it, too many times. I remember an oil pump falling into the pan because I was interrupted before I finished tightening the bolt on a rebuild job. I came back and put the pan on without checking the bolt.

The customer was savvy that when he heard a clunk and saw the oil pressure gauge suddenly dropped to zero he killed the engine and coasted off the road. I had to drop the pan and put the pump back on.
    HEY! Get off my Lily!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Old Frog View Post

WTF? What was that ??

~~
    This is cold and clear like the stuff in my butt... but...
    >>INCOMING DREAM INTERPRETATION>>
    so if you think about it, this is like you showing that you have, are, or would like to, the capacity to take what you're doing with your life as a career (mechanic right?) and really 'roll' with it anytime, anywhere, without it being a drag. Wouldn't it be nice if you didn't have to get to that bench? Or if you didn't have to carry that engine block/head so dutifully?
    That's what I'm thinking about it... yeah I had a great dream last night too, aye, got to see my best friend from back as a youth, and also the girl I first fell in love with.. ahh it makes me smile just thinkin about, anytime today ^^
    Currently playing:
    ~~ Pokemon Emerald on VBA ~~ Star Ocean on ZSNES ~~ Tales of Phantasia on ZSNES ~~ Star Ocean: The Second Story on ePSXe ~~ Breath of Fire III on ePSXe

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm a retired mechanic. What the hell do I want now?
    HEY! Get off my Lily!

Thanks

I usually don't dream at all, and when I do it's usually about a girl. But sometimes when I have fevers, I'll have bizarre dreams. I had a dream that my niece had a hand grenade once and blew everyone up but me, a dream fairly recently where I was fighting some war in Israel and woke up and felt like I was still in the dream, and so on.

Fevers are not fun for me.