Thread: Trouble with Need for Speed underground 2 on pcsx2

Thanks

Default Trouble with Need for Speed underground 2 on pcsx2

hi, I am brand new to emulation. downloaded pcsx2 and a couple of games which have worked fine. however I have downaloaded nfsu2 and it is fine within the menus but when starting a race or career mode its as if my pc is having difficulty playing the game. its all in very slow motion. is there anything that can be done or does it just mean my pc cant handle this game.
    Thanks

Thanks
    EP Points

That depends on a number of things. But, a modern pc shouldn't have issues. You can use the hack option - at the bottom of the Emulation Settings (under Config), there is a slider. Choose: 4 - Aggressive. That should solve your problem. I guess the fifth option might work depending on how slow the emulator is running. Also, make sure you are running version 1.40 of the emulator, otherwise it will simply run more slowly depending on how old the version of the emulator is.

You may also need to modify the audio under Config ---> Audio (SPU2) ---> Plugin Settings ---> (top left, choose #2 or #3)

And to avoid red bars, use Direct3D9 Software mode under Config ---> Video (GS) ---> Plugin Settings
    Last edited by midevil.chaos; 17th-March-2018 at 00:10.

Thanks
    EP Points

What are your pc specs? Racing games can be very demanding.

Also note there is a pc version of the game and a very nice enhanced texture mod bouncing around out there.