Thread: Help with samurai shodown5 special running with emulator (complicated)

Thanks

Default Help with samurai shodown5 special running with emulator (complicated)

Hey guys, very complicated problem

samurai shodown5 special is a neo-geo game, it it very special case due to censoring, essentially the AES home console version was broken due to censor, but the MVS arcade version lacked training mode.

There was a way to play the AES version which had training mode AND be uncensored, basically the most definitive version. I did a ton of research, it was something like a cheat + universal bios on the AES censored version. However I tried everything and couldn't get it to work ...

I had it working a LONG time ago with kawaks (think it was a loader setup), but I lost those files. Can anyone help me set it up again? I don't care if its kawaks, MAME, nebula or whatever emulator. I grabbed the rom files from this site I just need to know how to setup the bios/configure/cheat/whatever to make it work on the emulator.

Thanks in advance.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

https://www.epforums.org/showthread....77#post1765177

Honestly that is the best way to play CPS 1/2/3 and Neogeo.

You can do everything you want in FBA such as overclocking/Universe Bios/etc.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Warrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Tried that, doesn't work. I loaded with universal bios, it just uncensor the mvs version which is already uncensored, but does not have training mode ... aes version is censored to begin with. Tried dip setting or whatever, doesn't seem to make a difference. The emulator works fine but its no different from other emulators.

I still can't get a uncensored version with proper training mode to work ... I remember it was a modified Aes version that has both training mode and uncensored, I downloaded as a whole package at the time I think. If you can get it to work please be specific on the setup, for example there are 3 different rom versions for this game, which one to use, which settings?

I did a TON of research online .. this is the closest I can find
    http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showth...ed-and-Unfixed

There is a screenshot which has AES cheats that fix the censor crap, and since being AES it should have training mode ... but I can't get it to work.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 13th-March-2018 at 03:37. Reason: merged posts

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Warrior For This Useful Post: