Thread: Help downloading Amstrad CPC emulator to play Fallout (1987).dsk?

Thanks

Default Help downloading Amstrad CPC emulator to play Fallout (1987).dsk?

Hi, so I'm new to the emulating community lol and was wondering if i could get some help.

Some information beforehand:
    Computer system: MacOs Sierra
    Emulating application: OpenEmu
    Game: Fallout (UK) (1987)
    Game category: Amstrad CPC ROMs

So, I've downloaded Fallout (UK) (1987) ROM from the EmuParadise website, and it downloaded as Fallout (UK) (1987).dsk onto my computer. From what I've understood from the site, Fallout is an Amstrad CPC ROM; this implies that an emulator that supports Amstrad CPC ROMs is required to play the game, right?

My problem basically is that OpenEmu, which I've used to play other games, doesn't seem to include Amstrad CPC as a platform option to emulate. I don't see it listed under the "Emulators Section" section of the EmuParadise site to download, either.

Do I need to download a whole other emulating application, besides OpenEmu, that includes Amstrad CPC?

Or is there another game platform within OpenEmu that could support the Fallout (UK) (1987).dsk file that I just don't know of?

Also, because the game file has the extension ".dsk", does that mean that it's a disc-based game that I have to go through extra steps for, like this article says https://github.com/OpenEmu/OpenEmu/w...CD-based-games ?

Again, I'm new to playing with emulators so forgive me if I don't sound like I know what I'm talking about!

Thank you
    Last edited by brycjyk; 7th-March-2018 at 05:49.

Thanks

Why you don't use an amstrad emulator purely ?
    There is Arnold, winape, caprice, javacpc, ect .... Just tape "Amstrad emulator" on google.
    Multi system like OpenEmu or retroarch are not good idea, they just use other emul core. Better to use directly the corresponding emulator and spend time to configure it.