Thread: Built a gaming/movie station

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Built a gaming/movie station

I bought a wall mount for my 32" TV and built a shelf for my DVD player and my Raspberry Pi gaming console. I built it above my bed.

I have an Invacare bed I bought from an Estate sale for $100. It is an electrically adjustable bed. Gets real comfy. My TV used to be on my dresser near the foot of my bed. It got hard to read anything at that distance so I did this project. Yes, my eyes are getting old.

This setup really made it a lot easier to enjoy in bed. I guess I spoil myself but when you're disabled you make do.

When not in use:

In use:

Thanks
    EP Points

Nice setup. I've heard good thinks about the Raspberry Pi, esp. as an HTPC, but not familiar with them. What operating system do you run on it?

Thanks
    EP Points

The Raspberry Pi is used as a Retropie gaming console. The movies comes from the DVD player. No TV hookup. TV sucks.

Watched my first movie in this setup. It was Journey to the Center of the Earth with Brendan Fraser. That was wild. Good movie. setting up my bed was a real pleasure, gets comfy and easy to watch movies/play games.
    Last edited by Old Frog; 7th-March-2018 at 13:47.