Thread: Trouble burning psx isos

Thanks

Default Trouble burning psx isos

Hi, I've just found my old psx, and I wanted to burn some disc for it. Now, I know for sure that the psx works (it can read other psx games) and that is modified (it can read burnt cds that I found with it and even a japanese cd). The problem is that I don't know how to burn these cds. Can you help me?

Thanks

Sit tight and get bored reading a long reply.
    Get CloneCD.

Get good quality media, Verbatim DataLifePlus Super Azo Crystal CD-R or Verbatim Pastel Disc.
    If you do not have any of them, well burn on what you got, it might still come out a copy somewhat playable.
    If you do not mind slow, jarred, FMVs and garbled audio that is.

Insert the blank disc in your Burner.

Fire up CloneCD, preferably 4.0.0.0 and up.

Click on the "Read to Image File" Button (the one with the glasses)

Now in order to burn the game you must make a CCD file. To make such get Alcohol 120%. Once installed create a new virtual partition. Once created mount on that virtual partition you made the game file you have downloaded. To mount it use always the CUE file. Once mounted look what the drive letter is.

Now select your virtual partition from the drives listed.

You'll now see a couple of profiles. We'll need to create a custom one though. Right click on the white area and select "New".

Name your new profile "PlayStation Disc" or "PSX Backup" or whatever.

Input the following settings into the profile:

Data Read Settings

Read Speed Data: Max
    Read Subchannel Data from Data Tracks: Checked
    Regenerate Data Sectors: Checked

Audio Read Settings

Read Speed Audio: Max
    Audio Extraction Quality: Medium(Fast)
    Read Subchannel Data from Audio Tracks: Checked
    Only Read the First Session: Unchecked

Error Handling

Fast Error Skip Settings: Off
    Abort on Read Error: Off
    Don't Report Read Errors: Off
    Intelligent Bad Sector Scanner: Off

After setting all that, click "Next.

Now you name your .ccd file. If you want to have a .cue sheet file, check the appropriate box for it.

Click the "Write from Image file" Button (the one with the pencil)

Select the new files you created before, so the CCD file. You can also make the program to delete the image file after a successful burn, just check the appropriate box. Click on Next.

Switch back to your original CD drive. Click Next.

You'll now see a set of profiles for writing. You'll see the profile you made before, use that one. Input the following settings:

Write Settings

Write Speed: 1x (yes, 1x)
    Weak Sectors: Ignore
    Don't Repair Subchannel Data: Checked
    Always close last session: Checked

Click on Ok. The write session will now start. This will take about an hour so you gotta figure out yourself what you could do in the meantime.

Ok, some of you might ask, "Why burn at 1X when my burner can burn at 6000000X?" Because in my experience, my PSX console has troubles reading discs burned at a high speed, like 16X or so, and 1X in my experience is the best way to burn them without getting any coaster. I've wasted many CD-Rs burning super fast in the past, but after a while I finally figured the right combination.
    I hope this has helped you somewhat. You should not encounter any problems following this instructions to the letter. I've used it for 50 and more backup games, and it has worked every single time.
    Last edited by Cr.Mark; 5th-March-2018 at 12:16.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply, I'll try

Thanks

Sorry if I bother you, but in case I downloaded games that are already in a ccd cue file, can I use them directly?

So, I followed your instruction, but the disks didn't work, despite they work on epsxe. Any idea? I'll try the swap trick.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 9th-March-2018 at 19:53. Reason: merged posts

Thanks

You do not bother me at all, really. If the CCD file is already present you should use it as is. The fact that the game does not work on real hardware could be down to many reasons:
    1- The image is somewhat corrupted or not been dumped properly to begin with
    2- The image is been burnt using high speed burner not capable to burn at 1X speed
    3- The image is been burnt on crappy media
    4- The image is been burnt on media not capable of been written at 1X speed
    5- The burner itself could be at fault
    6- The PlayStation you are using might not have a mod chip installed, and therefor cannot play backups nativly
    7- The PlayStation has a mod chip installed but the game you have burnt has LibCrypt copy protection on it
    8- The PlayStation you are using is not capable of reading your disc since the laser is at fault
    I do not think there are any more reasons why a backup will not boot on real hardware, I have burnt so many backups for so many years, it took me so much trial and error and time to learn the proper way of doing it.
    Anyhow judging by your name I assume you must also speak Italian, since I do too, feel free to ask me anything in Italian if you feel like it alright?

Thanks

Can I pm you? So we can speak in our native language

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stefano98 View Post
    Can I pm you? So we can speak in our native language
    Sure go ahead!