Thread: visual boy advance help please and thank you

Thanks

Default visual boy advance help please and thank you

So here's the issue I'm having and I'm not sure what to do. I got the visual boy advance working the 1.8.0 Beta version (I say this because I think it might be the issue). I downloaded all the pokemon games as that's what I wanted to play and use cheat codes. I loaded up pokemon Emerald and play it for a little while then thought oh hey I want every ball and every tm/hm maybe some rare candies to cut down grind time.

I went to the net to search for codes. I found a plethora of them. Long story short some people said they worked, some people say they didn't and they glitch the game.

I watched videos to make sure I was turning them on correctly and everything. I'm doing basically what it says. Click on cheat list, type in the code based on what it is. It says since I'm using VBA that I don't need the master code, but I made sure to put it in there when it was "supposed" to be needed. The codes for me are all glitchy. The ball one gave me all the balls but they have weird numbers and symbols after them. (That I'm ok with because its not affecting anything.) The TM/HM one puts the TM and HM in weird places and once you apply it you can't fix it like putting them in Key Items or the Pokeball pouch. (I only fixed it by restarting the game but I had to do without the TM/HMS.)The rare candy glitch. I got the candies, but they say 0 next to them. I take them out of the pc, and then it creates 2 infinite stacks and just keeps multiplying. I have no pc space now because of it. I have tried to get rid of them but seeing as how the number is in letter and symbols I don't know how many are actually there, and I spent four hours trying to get rid of one stack and there was no end to it in that four hours. Keep in mind I disabled all these codes after I typed them in and saw the items there.

Basically what I'm asking here is does anyone know if the cheats are being messed up by the software version of the emulator? Did they always work this way? Does anyone know a way of fixing them to where they don't glitch or bug out the game. I just want the basic necessities. I'm not really concerned with the changing the encounters to be a certain pokemon or whatever I'd rather hunt for them. Just want rare candies (which i do have just glitched, balls which I have (haha), and the TM/HMs. That's the one I'm mainly concerned with as they are one time use. That was always extremely irritating to me. If you can offer suggestions, or know a way to fix this I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

On a side note, I started playing pokemon Ruby while I wait for the magical person with the answer. The codes I put in on Ruby work like a dream. I'm doing the same thing for Ruby that I did for Emerald so I'm assuming there is some sort of difference for Emerald code that maybe isn't accounted for, or maybe the way the game updates coding?

Thanks

No one ?

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Visualboy Advance is long outdated and there is a superior GBA emulator out - https://mgba.io/downloads.html

mGBA

I find it works better in RetroArch than standalone.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks

Thanks for responding, but I didnt sit here for a week working on this to just give up and use another emulator. I went through heck to get this one working I'd like to stick with it. If you can help me fix it or if you can point me to someone who can. I'd appreciate that.