Thread: RCPS3/detecting game data issues

Thanks

Default RCPS3/detecting game data issues

Hey guys,

Just joined today as im having some issues trying to run games on RCPS3. I tried Tekken 6 out earlier on today and it runs flawlessly, a few stutters here and there but other than that - perfect.

I then tried to run Dragonball Z - Burst Limit.

I had copied my PS3 disc of Burst Limit using imgburn and converted it into an iso file (hoping that RCPS3 will support isos in the future). I then used 7zip to extract the iso image and extracted to desktop. Everytime I try running Burstlimit now through RCPS3 I get the following error....

E LDR: Invalid or unsupported file format: C:/Users/Gamer/Desktop/New folder (3)/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/EBOOT.BIN

Any ideas how to get this working? RCPS3 has detected the game but I just can't boot it.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

I don't know about using RCPS3 myself, but I have some questions.

Does RCPS3 need the complete correct folders/files structure taken from the disc, also including the main folder being named with the game title and disc ID?
    For Tekken 6 that you got working, was the main folder for the game titled something like Tekken 6 [BLUS30359] or variations like [BLUS30359]-Tekken 6, Tekken 6-[BLUS30359] ???

Do you know for sure that your method of dumping the game works? I'm not sure if PS3 games can be ripped on PC but honestly I've never tried myself or even looked into it.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Ripping games looks complicated. The rpcs3 quickstart page is helpful (the very bottom of the page)
    Reddit has some good info as well

A few key points stand out:
    1. People have had bad luck with IMGBURN. Shareware IsoBuster was recommended.
    2. You can only dump the games with select Blu-ray drives (listed on the quickstart guide)
    3. You (supposedly) must dump the game, get an .ird decryption key for the iso, decrypt the iso with open test_patcher, then 3k3y ISO Tools to extract the decrypted iso
    4. The game folder must be named such that it is the games region id. For example, DragonBall Z Burst Limit (Japanese version) region id is BLJS10020. So the folder would be named BLJS10020