Thread: Help with ePSXE 2.0.5 and PEC

Thanks

Exclamation Help with ePSXE 2.0.5 and PEC

Hey everyone,
    I will do my best to follow protocol but I'm new to this forum.

So here's my issue, I was using ePSXE 1.7.0 until last night and I found there was a new one to download. I downloaded ePSXE 2.0.5 and at first I couldn't get it to work it said some things were missing and invalid. Well I watched a youtube tutorial and got it working. Now, I'm working on cheat codes. I was researching and found that I needed to use PEC. I downloaded it and everything. I put it in the plugin folder like the instructions suggested. I manually entered in the codes I wanted to the user database because my game wasn't even on the list. I hit send to emulator. Well it just keeps saying sending, the next step according to the instructions is to go to the emulator and select PEC from the plugins>video> path. For me, it isn't even listed. I have two options ePSXE GPU plugin on Petes plugin (can't remember the exact name). On my tablet this is way easier lol but now I'm on my desktop computer. It has windows 10, its only about a year old so its not like terrible with graphics or anything.

Please help!
    Last edited by Sunshine871106; 21st-February-2018 at 15:03.

Thanks
    EP Points

Try downloading the "PEC NEW DLL FOR EPSXE V.2.0" from HERE.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WorkNoFun View Post
    Try downloading the "PEC NEW DLL FOR EPSXE V.2.0" from HERE.
    I get 404 Not Found when I click the download button next to where you directed me.

Thanks

Attachment 54826

this is what my plugin folder looks like

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine871106 View Post
    Attachment 54826

this is what my plugin folder looks like
    Your link does not show a picture. Do you have something in your plugin folder called PSX Emulator Cheater or something like it?

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skullpoker View Post
    Your link does not show a picture. Do you have something in your plugin folder called PSX Emulator Cheater or something like it?
    I had the picture there it was removed I guessClick image for larger version. 

Name:	plugin.png 
Views:	875 
Size:	27.6 KB 
ID:	54827

The PSX Emulator Cheater folder wasn't in Plugins, I just moved it there, I extracted the files from the PSX EC folder to plugins.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'm confused about why gpupec.dll is the only plugin in that folder. Your emulator shouldn't work without other plugins, or it could be the soft plugin doesn't appear there.

That is enough to see if the Psx emulator cheat plugin will show up in your emulator.

I'm using an older version, 1.9.25, and this is how I would get it working. Config > Video > Select/config main video plugin: pulldown and set to psx emulation cheater 2.5.
    I would then click [Configure ] under that, and use the pulldown menu to select the video plugin I will actually be using. I would then click Config to get that plugin's normal configuration options.

After that, I would make sure to run both PEC and ePSXe as administrator, select cheats and click Send Cheats, and as long as the video plugin is set as psx emulation cheater 2.5 the codes should load automatically.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	video.png 
Views:	544 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	54828

This is all I have, no PEC plugin. I can't even use Petes or the emulator won't run. It says things are invalid and missing.

Thanks

Apparently it won't work anymore because there is now one built in. The problem is the one built in doesn't have my game and I don't know how to add my cheat codes in there. The tablet version has my game and allows me to add codes easily.

http://ngemu.com/threads/epsxe-2-0-g...plugin.182673/

Thanks
    EP Points

Well then you're doing something wrong, because it works on my end using Windows 10-x64. I'm playing BoF4 as we speaking PEC works fine.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WorkNoFun View Post
    Well then you're doing something wrong, because it works on my end using Windows 10-x64. I'm playing BoF4 as we speaking PEC works fine.

I went to download the new versions and I installed them in the correct places. I'm very technically inclined so I don't know how or where I could of even messed up. I even watched the youtube videos and I do the exact same thing they do. The only thing being mine doesn't show up. I found out from some forums that after 2016 it wont work without the file you told me to download yet, that link is expired and no longer valid. I need to change my dll with the updated one.

Thanks
    EP Points

A better working link.

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.
    Last edited by WorkNoFun; 21st-February-2018 at 22:26.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to WorkNoFun For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Ok, so it is now working. Here's what I had to do in order to get it working in case anyone else has the same issue.

1st step download ePSXE and then download PEC, put the PEC in plugin folder when you extract it. Download the updated gpu.dll from http:/psxdatacenter.com/downloads.html replace it with the one you already have in the plugin folder or it won't work. There was an update to PEC and ePSXE that makes it not compatible (it doesn't show up in the drop down list). After you do that select PEC 2.5 from the video plugins of ePSXE and then choose your plugin of choice in configure. If none show up, you will have to download a new one from the link in the psxdatacenter. Thanks everyone for all your help!