While it's fun to download EMUs and ROMs I went through a lot of crap that it's tiring to sort em out. Also it's restricted to my PC. I've thought of buying a console with built in games to hook to my TV but the only good stuff are $200 and more.

Looking at the cheap ones the reviews are mixed and not too favorable. The problem I have are the proprietary controllers, they'd be hard to replace. I prefer the USB models and I have a few already. Also some are AV hookups which wouldn't be too bad but I have HDMI on my 32" TV.

I looked around and found Raspberry Pi. I've known about it for a long time but didn't really paid attention to it but when I heard about Retropie I got interested. I got on Amazon and found very good reviews and lots of support.

I decided to go for it. For just over $100 I'll have everything I need to start gaming and that includes an SD card loaded with Retropie and over 5000 roms for 12 consoles. All sorted with no hacks, cracks and trash. The author said that all is on the net but if you don't like the headache (which I'm having) of sorting I did it all for $35 on a 16gig microSD card.

Hell yeah I'll go for it. By the way, the case will look like a Nintendo and it will have a fan in it. Also some assembly is required.