Thread: I just downloaded Spyro the Dragon Emulator file and PCSX But i have no idea what I am doing

Thanks

Default I just downloaded Spyro the Dragon Emulator file and PCSX But i have no idea what I am doing

Hello everyone I am very new to this emulation stuff, I joined this forum today because I would like assistance to what I am doing, I don't know how to work the "PCSX reloaded" and I downloaded the Spyro emulator from this website.

I will explain my story, I was searching through the internet away to play a classic game from my childhood, I stumbled upon this website's emulator downloads so I downloaded the zip file and unzipped the downloaded file with win.rar now I have 2 files (Spyro The Dragon USA.cue) and (Spyro The Dragon USA.bin) I also looked up ways to play PS1 games with emulation executables and found a website full of emulation executable downloads and downloaded PCSX reloaded now I am in this precarious situation where I have NO IDEA what I am doing and no idea on how I can get this to work.

So I ask everyone on this forum to guide a noob through working a emulation, how to work a emulation game file etc. and I would appreciate the help very dearly and I hope to learn so that perhaps I can do it on my own.

Please send help S.O.S

Thanks
    EP Points

On a Windows PC?

You're pretty much there. You should just be able to open pcsx then click file and then load/open and choose the .bin. Go into any settings options to setup a controller too. Haven't use that particular emulator in ages - I mostly stick with Epsxe. Can't remember but I think Spyro has copy protection which may need to be patched.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zaladane For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yeah I am on a Windows PC

Windows 10 Home 64-bit operating System, x64 based processor in case you were wondering.

but the PCSXR I currently have doen't have a "exe" file to open it so I am currently in a rut. I wish I can upload a folder here so maybe you can find a way to run it. Unless you would like to see all the files individually.
    Last edited by GrognaktheDestroyer; 15th-February-2018 at 22:27.

Thanks

Okay so I am watching a tutorial on how to use PCSXR, But I need to get to work so I will come back within a couple of hours or perhaps the next day with what I found and so I'll let you know.

Thanks

Okay so I came back from watching a tutorial and here's what I learned.

The PCSX I had installed had no exe file.
    SO I downloaded Epsxe because 1. the tutorial was demonstrating how to use it so I though it would be more easy and convenient since the tutorial was really helpful showing how to download and use a few of the config features to use that file instead and 2. Because since you have Epsxe I thought it would be more convenient for you to help me since we would both have the same software. After I downloaded it and went through many configurations.
    I also found it that every time i run Epsxe I get 2 particular errors.

"Missing render-texture extension!"

"No pixel format available!"

Is there something I'm missing? Am I doing something wrong? I tried to load the game through File -> Open Gamelist -> Spyro The Dragon, after finding the game in a folder I made when I put the .cue/.bin folders in.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

https://www.emuparadise.me/Sony_Play...OS+Plugins/104 will have all BIOS and plugins you need to get ePSXe working. They should all work with any ePSXe version so put them in the right folders in your ePSXe installation. If you select File > Run BIOS and get a normal Playstation start screen into the Memory Card/CD player menu then you have the BIOS in the right spot.

psxdatacenter.com will have working configurations for all games.

And tell your emulator to run from the .cue file, as that's like an index that tells the emulator where to look for everything. Running the .bin is possible but would lead to errors. On my version I use File > Run ISO > game.CUE

Be sure to Run as Administrator and install outside of Program Files or you may run into problems with Memory Cards.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to skullpoker For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Okay ignore my last post about the error I think I'm understanding now and just "Got" something.
    Last edited by GrognaktheDestroyer; 17th-February-2018 at 07:56.

Thanks

OH..MY....GOD..

ALright so after configuring the plugins and learning a lot (I learned quite a bit about plugins on emus) I was able to load the Bios and get to a menu screen with "Memory Card/CD Player". Next, I ran the ISO and he Spyro game with the .cue file and.. Then I saw the beloved main menu cut scene.. of the game that impacted my childhood

The nostalgia was running through my blood.. seeing that Spyro main menu cut scene.. it almost makes me want to cry =')

But I'm not out of the woods yet, I would also like to point out a small issue pertaining to my screen, I have the desktop resolution at 1920x1080 for the video config, but every time I load the game or BIOS I keep getting 1/4 of the screen pushed to right of my monitor so I only see 3/4 of the "BIOS menu" and game screen.

Any solution to this?

I also want to note that I haven't play tested it yet, so far I've only messed around with the main menu because of my screen resolution issue.

Also here's a ScreenShot of my Video Settings
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (4).jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	54792

Examples \/

Sony Computer Entertainment

Name:	Screenshot (5).png 
Views:	122 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	54793

Universal Studios

Name:	Screenshot (6).jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	54794

Spyro The Dragon Main Menu

Name:	Screenshot (7).jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	54795
    Last edited by GrognaktheDestroyer; 17th-February-2018 at 10:06. Reason: Spell check , Wording , Additional Information

Thanks

OKAY SO GUYS I got it to work! I fixed my screen issue
    I all I had to do was right click ePSXe.exe v.2.0.5 -> Properties -> Compatibility -> check mark "Override high DPI Scaling performed by:" after which a box below it will give options on which DPI override and by default it was selected as "Application" which was the correct one.

But all in all I would like to THANK everyone that helped me, I learned quite a bit on how to use emulators and I am finally able to enjoy the game, and many more to come.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'm glad you learned some things and figured a lot of it out on your own. Enjoy your games.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.