Thread: Quesion: Is it possible to run Wii Backups at 8x speed?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Quesion: Is it possible to run Wii Backups at 8x speed?

The title says it already.

I got yesserday finally my new D: Drive for my laptop, the previous one broke for absolutely no reason.
    So, I burned Super Mario All-Stars (20th Anniversary Wii Edition) to a disc, but when I clicked the ‘burn’ button, I realized that I didn’t put the disc on 4x speed instead. I still put it in my Wii anyways, to see what’s going to happen (I used NeoGamma). As to expect, the game didn’t runand it gave a ‘Drive Break’, guess it was too much.
    Then I went to the Disk Channel (Or Disc Channel, I dunno), because Wii’s that were bought before 2007 can read DVD+R or DVD-R for some reason. Instead, my Wii crashed with a black screen and white letters saying something went wrong while reading the disc and that I have to read the Operations Manual for more info.

So, my question is, can the Wii run 8x speed disc games?
    Last edited by Trash Bandatcoot; 15th-February-2018 at 10:20. Reason: The D: was set to an Emoji, the Emoji’s has been turned off.
    Note to everyone who wants to contact me:
    This account has been abandonned as of February 1st of 2020. Because I cannot share any links to other social media in this signature, I recommend you to Google my username, and some of the top results may help you out. (or search for my GBAtemp signature, which should be helpful enough)

Do not try to send any DMs to me via the EPForums, because I've disabled them.

Also, to any of the mods on this site, do not delete this account.

Regards,
    Trash_Bandatcoot

Thanks
    EP Points

So you're saying you burned the game at 8x? It doesn't have any impact on the wii itself whatever you burn at. As far as I understand (I'm more of an emulator guy on PC) is that people always say to burn at the slowest speed to avoid any data corruption when copying and to use high quality discs.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yes, I did but I’ve heard that if you go higher than 8x, the game would run to fast, and in this case, it didn’t worked and crashed.

EDIT: You was right. The writing speed doesn’t matter, what does matter is the bookmark needs to be set to DVD-ROM or something like that, because I used a DVD+RW instead of DVD-RW.

And I just found out that my Drive won't set it to booktype becasue my drive cannot be set to booktype, which sucks.
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 15th-February-2018 at 17:22. Reason: Please, edit your last post to avoid double posting
    Note to everyone who wants to contact me:
    This account has been abandonned as of February 1st of 2020. Because I cannot share any links to other social media in this signature, I recommend you to Google my username, and some of the top results may help you out. (or search for my GBAtemp signature, which should be helpful enough)

Do not try to send any DMs to me via the EPForums, because I've disabled them.

Also, to any of the mods on this site, do not delete this account.

Regards,
    Trash_Bandatcoot