Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spyro trilogy remaser(PS4) RUMOR

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Spyro trilogy remaser(PS4) RUMOR

I stumbled upon this earlier today and thought i'd mention it in case anyone else is interested. Its only an unconfirmed rumor at this point however Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.
    Spyro Trilogy Remaster Coming to PS4 This Year
    By Laura Kate Dale on 13 Feb 2018 at 6:29PM

According to multiple sources familiar with the project, Activision is currently working on a Spyro the Dragon Trilogy Remaster, which will be announced in March 2018 and released in Q3 2018.

The trilogy remaster will, much like the highly successful Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, feature new assets, lighting, animations and cinematics, as well as a remastered soundtrack. It will also feature updates to the save feature, much like occurred in the Crash remaster (which replaced the original games' password feature with something much more user friendly). The remaster will include Spyro the Dragon, Ripto's Rage!, and Year of the Dragon, and there is the tantalising promise of some content cut from the original releases of those games.

The Spyro remaster will be announced for PS4, with PS4 Pro support, sometime in March 2018, and will be releasing in Q3 2018. One source suggested that September would be the launch month, which would be in line with Spyro the Dragon's 20th anniversary.

While this detail will not be part of the announcement in March, the game will be a one-year timed exclusive for PS4, before being ported to other systems in 2019. Apparently, the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy is tied to similar one year exclusivity window, so expect to see multiple ports of that in 2018.

Spyro the Dragon Trilogy Remastered is currently under development by Vicarious Visions, the same studio who handled Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy. Given the bandicoot's success, this release makes a lot of sense – soon enough we'll see whether the dinky purple dragon is remembered quite as fondly.
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 14th-February-2018 at 17:29. Reason: news article added

Thanks
    EP Points

I've seen it on Facebook. It would be nice, even though I don't have a PS4 (it wouldn't hurt to make a PC port too, but it probably won't happen).

Thanks
    EP Points

They got the yin, now they need the yang

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DeckardAlmighty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I was hella excited to hear this. I play through all three of these every other year or so, so a ps4 version is right up my alley. I hope they keep up these classic remakes actually. But my tastes tend to differ from the majority. For example I want a ps4 version of FF8 and Persona 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeckardAlmighty View Post
    They got the yin, now they need the yang
    Are you talking about Crash?
    I agree.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    I was hella excited to hear this. I play through all three of these every other year or so, so a ps4 version is right up my alley. I hope they keep up these classic remakes actually. But my tastes tend to differ from the majority. For example I want a ps4 version of FF8 and Persona 3.

I agree.
    Not happy with all the other versions of Persona 3?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Tanthias View Post
    Not happy with all the other versions of Persona 3?
    :sour: FES is definitive, but the walking controls are so terribly aged. I had to buy a component cable for my PS2 so I didn't get motion sickness playing on an LCD.
    P3P was just bad but I played it for the alternate content cause im a masochist.

Thanks
    EP Points

:sour: FES is definitive, but the walking controls are so terribly aged. I had to buy a component cable for my PS2 so I didn't get motion sickness playing on an LCD.
    P3P was just bad but I played it for the alternate content cause im a masochist.
    I'd love to see Persona 3 FES become a PS2 classic on PS4. I've never actually played P3 or P3FES but I have seen a good deal of P3FES played by a friend of mine.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by daky View Post
    I've seen it on Facebook. It would be nice, even though I don't have a PS4 (it wouldn't hurt to make a PC port too, but it probably won't happen).
    It might come to PC if it does well. There are some rumors floating around lately that N. Sane trilogy is coming to PC later in the year so if that happens it could happen with Spyro too!!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin329 View Post
    I'd love to see Persona 3 FES become a PS2 classic on PS4. I've never actually played P3 or P3FES but I have seen a good deal of P3FES played by a friend of mine.
    I don't want a PS2 classic, I want a remake like Shadow of the Colossus.
    The Persona Team at Atlus could use the P5 engine! Hackers already designed the Iwatodai dormitory within Mementos (in P5) to show what it could look like.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    It might come to PC if it does well. There are some rumors floating around lately that N. Sane trilogy is coming to PC later in the year so if that happens it could happen with Spyro too!!!
    They should both come to PC. Personally I'm much more excited about Spyro since I'm not a big Crash fan, but the bottom line is - yeah, PC ports would be highly appreciated, not only by me.

Thanks
    EP Points

Crash and Spyro are my Playstation heroes. I used to play the latter back in the day.

Thanks
    EP Points

I agree.
    Yep. Spyro needs the N. Sane Trilogy treatment.
    It's incredible how bad Activision managed to tarnish both characters.

Thanks
    EP Points

I really hope this rumor turns out to be true. A Spyro Remaster triology would be awesome.

Thanks
    EP Points

Managed to dig up a little more info, though it still doesn't confirm anything.
    Download Links:

16. The Following User Says Thank You to rmcin329 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin329 View Post
    Managed to dig up a little more info, though it still doesn't confirm anything.
    Download Links:
    Can't deny that info