Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite controller?

Thanks
    EP Points

My alternate controller for use on PC is a dualshock 4. I just use a program called DS4 windows whenever I want to use it. The program basically tricks windows into thinking that it is an xbox 360 controller(the normal dualshock 4 driver windows tries to install doesn't work).

Thanks
    EP Points

I also enjoy my DS4 overall. The touchpad is great for an HTPC, and as mentioned, DS4Windows is an amazing piece of software. Yet I'm not a fan of the triggers or that there seems to be no pressure sensitivity like the DS2 and I think DS3, which is disappointing. If I were to redo the purchase, Logitech controllers are nice, the Steam controller is also intriguing.

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks
    EP Points

What in the world is that?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default 8bitdo's nes30pro

I see a lot of mixed opinions on 8bitdo's products, but I've been pretty well-served by my nes30pro. I mostly picked it up out of impulse, and didn't expect much from it, but it works very well with every emulator I've tried it on. It also bears mentioning that it's the least bulky gamepad I've ever owned. It can be used as a USB plug-in or via Bluetooth, and I was surprised how smoothly it performs when used wirelessly.

bc76415f445342ff9f714a6d19610708_Medium.png

My only minor complaint is the manual/instructions; the English is just spotty enough that certain instructions can be difficult to interpret accurately.

Thanks

I use an Xbox 360 wireless controller for emulation, but my favorite controller is the PS4 controller, especially the 2016-17 V2 version

Thanks

I use an Xbox One wireless controller on my laptop, had a DS4 before it but got fed up with games reporting the buttons wrong, i.e with Xbox icons.
    Touch my twat.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wushuFU View Post
    I also enjoy my DS4 overall. The touchpad is great for an HTPC, and as mentioned, DS4Windows is an amazing piece of software. Yet I'm not a fan of the triggers or that there seems to be no pressure sensitivity like the DS2 and I think DS3, which is disappointing. If I were to redo the purchase, Logitech controllers are nice, the Steam controller is also intriguing.
    The DualShock 4 does have pressure sensitive triggers, it just depends on what you're using it with since the triggers have both a digital input and an analogue axis input. When you're setting up your binds the game might prioritise the digital input.
    DS4.png
    The circles represent the digital button inputs in the language I use, the red ones are active. The U and R axis bars are for the right and left triggers respectively. I had the right held down halfway and the left entirely and those are the results. I have no idea if this is going over the top just to demonstrate my point but I thought it would be a nice example. Of course, by all means dislike the triggers if they don't work correctly in the games you use them for.

In response to the initial question, my favourite controller is the DualShock 4. But you probably guessed that already.

Thanks

Tie between the SNES Controller and the PS2 DualShock Controller.

I use an Xbox ONE controller now for all my PC/Emu needs. Though I absolutely hate the D-Pad on Xbox controllers.
    Last edited by TerragonSix; 7th-March-2018 at 00:43.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Squigglykitty View Post
    The DualShock 4 does have pressure sensitive triggers, it just depends on what you're using it with since the triggers have both a digital input and an analogue axis input. When you're setting up your binds the game might prioritise the digital input.
    DS4.png
    The circles represent the digital button inputs in the language I use, the red ones are active. The U and R axis bars are for the right and left triggers respectively. I had the right held down halfway and the left entirely and those are the results. I have no idea if this is going over the top just to demonstrate my point but I thought it would be a nice example. Of course, by all means dislike the triggers if they don't work correctly in the games you use them for.

In response to the initial question, my favourite controller is the DualShock 4. But you probably guessed that already.
    Thank you for clarifying that. I use it for PC gaming but not often; To be honest I'd forgotten the triggers are capable of both.

But I wasn't clear in that it's the trigger positioning and action particularly that I'm not fond of and find awkward, a bit too far back and behind the unit I guess. Maybe too used to the DS2, maybe nitpicking and I'd get used to it if I used it with regular use, not sure. And for some games pressure sensitive buttons are sorely missed as well, but I'm not sure any current gen controller offers them anymore, so that's a bit of a nitpick too.

While the Steam controller and Logitech's offerings are intriguing (and I wish I considered them more closely) I don't regret buying it and do still recommend the DS4. If not the best controller available, definitely one of them IMO. The quality of construction and features are far ahead of anything else I've used.

Thanks

It's interesting to hear other opinions on the DS4, as I would say I prefer the triggers to any other controller I've used. The motion controls are also incredibly good, a huge leap from the previous generation and reliable enough to use with the PS4's onscreen keyboard at much higher speeds than a D-Pad. I'm curious to know what other people think of it.
    Are you ready?

Thanks
    EP Points

I like the Dualshock 4 and think it is a good controller. A big improvement over the Ps3 controller. PS2 was pretty good. I think SNES is my favorite controller. It could be my bias for being a snes enthuaist, but comeon the SNES was awesome!

Thanks
    EP Points

I agree. I like the simplicity of the controllers. NES and SNES are awesome in that respect and they are my favorite consoles too. The games are awesome too.

Thanks

PAP Gameta II consoles is really nice, though, nowadays many people are off to xbox or playstation consoles with the latest edition xbox 360 or Playstation vista etc.... Well Being a game lover, I always play games on my Xbox console with the controller and the subscription that I have recently gifted by one of my best friends on my birthday. I am fond of collecting the subscription prepaid cards as through these cards one can buy the Xbox live 50 euro kaufen subscription cards online from the official site of Press-Start.

Thanks

I prefere MOUSE AND KEYBOARD