Thread: R4/AceKard/Similar in UK

Thanks

Default R4/AceKard/Similar in UK

Hi all,

I am finally getting round to getting a DS again for something to do in spare time.

Going for a cheap DS Lite, as all the games I want to play are avail to the lite and it's considerably cheaper.

I am looking for a seller (either based in UK or LEGIT) that does R4 cards, AceKards, or anything similar.

Not looking to spend a fortune

Can't find anywhere to be honest, all the posts I see are from about 5+ years ago.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

You should be able to get a used DS Lite and a card for next to nothing off ebay, gumtree or whatever.
    The last few consoles I got were free, one of them came with two cards (they were just cheap non-genuine R4, various types).

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    You should be able to get a used DS Lite and a card for next to nothing off ebay, gumtree or whatever.
    The last few consoles I got were free, one of them came with two cards (they were just cheap non-genuine R4, various types).
    I've got a DS Lite already sorted, that's not the problem. The problem is that I can't find a legit place anywhere online to buy them. The cards I'm seeing are all like £20 each, with no sd-card.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

I'm not in the UK but there are shops over here that sell DS cards. They aren't dirt cheap like they were many years ago though (I mean like less than $10au).
    As I said the cheapest option I know of is to get a used Lite with a card. I've never bought a flashcard for a DS new, all the ones I have are used.

Micro SD cards aren't a problem, people toss old smaller cards all the time I have a heap of them. Most have been pulled from old phones etc.
    But if you want something like 32GB or whatever (if the flashcard supports larger sizes) that won't cost much and there's no problem finding cheap SD cards on ebay.

Spoiler warning: