Thread: Super Robot Wars Alpha and Gameshark

Thanks

Default Super Robot Wars Alpha and Gameshark

every time I try to run super robot war alpha with gameshark cheat codes I always run into either a graphical hiccup or the emulator just stops working. I tried playing around with the settings and plugins but nothing working,

Is there a certain way I'm suppose to configure the video plugin to work with psx cheater? if so what configuration and plugins are recommended for a radeon video card?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The way you're supposed to configure it is Config > Video > psx emulation cheater

You would then click Configure and set the video plugin to use, and then click config.

For working plugins and settings check psxdatacenter.com which should get you working.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skullpoker View Post
    The way you're supposed to configure it is Config > Video > psx emulation cheater

You would then click Configure and set the video plugin to use, and then click config.

For working plugins and settings check psxdatacenter.com which should get you working.
    question, can gameshark codes cause the game to crash or mess with the save file? because I set everything the way the site told me but as soon as i try to send the codes to emulator and start the game it either crashes or won't let load the save file, and I tryed starting the game over from the very beginning but still the problem persist.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Gameshark codes work by changing specific RAM addresses so the short answer is no. They shouldn't effect how your emulator works at all, but on a real console they could cause errors which I only ever witnessed using codes for a different game.

If what you're describing is accurate, it sounds like you have codes for one region and a game from another. If you're game is a PAL (European) version and the codes are for a US (NTSC) game version, that could cause some serious and strange errors, but not crashing your emulator. Or possibly a v1.1 game with v1.0 codes.

Another note, to get PEC working right with ePSXe you have to right-click both programs and Run as administrator. If you don't they won't communicate properly and your codes almost surely will not work.

Also, you may want to look up a compatibility list for your emulator and make sure that game is working. If not, you can come back and ask about different emulators.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to skullpoker For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skullpoker View Post
    Gameshark codes work by changing specific RAM addresses so the short answer is no. They shouldn't effect how your emulator works at all, but on a real console they could cause errors which I only ever witnessed using codes for a different game.

If what you're describing is accurate, it sounds like you have codes for one region and a game from another. If you're game is a PAL (European) version and the codes are for a US (NTSC) game version, that could cause some serious and strange errors, but not crashing your emulator. Or possibly a v1.1 game with v1.0 codes.

Another note, to get PEC working right with ePSXe you have to right-click both programs and Run as administrator. If you don't they won't communicate properly and your codes almost surely will not work.

Also, you may want to look up a compatibility list for your emulator and make sure that game is working. If not, you can come back and ask about different emulators.
    Yeah it was a version problem but now that's i found the right codes everything seems to working.