Thread: PSP has CFW Pro 6.61 C but no Fast Recovery?

Thanks

Default PSP has CFW Pro 6.61 C but no Fast Recovery?

Hi all
    I bought a PSP 1004 recently and the seller mentioned it had CFW and it has emulators like NES PC Engine etc. I dunno if my knowledge of CFW is incorrect but isn’t there supposed to be a Fast Recovery file? It only has the emulators not PSP or PS1 games but the firmware is Pro 6.61 C. Seeing as it doesn’t have Fast Recovery does this mean I can’t put Iso’s onto it? Do I need to download additional files?

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Recovery is for Lite firmware aka temp.
    Your 1000 has been flashed (permanent CFW).

For emulators, isos etc there is no difference.

Only thing of note is that your model does not have extra ram, which may not mean anything for emus (idk) but you won't be able to play any of The Elder Scrolls Travels Oblivion betas because those unreleased dumps require the extra ram enabled for them to work on PSP. That's the only example I can think of needing the extra ram, maybe there are more idk

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Recovery is for Lite firmware aka temp.
    Your 1000 has been flashed (permanent CFW).

For emulators, isos etc there is no difference.

Only thing of note is that your model does not have extra ram, which may not mean anything for emus (idk) but you won't be able to play any of The Elder Scrolls Travels Oblivion betas because those unreleased dumps require the extra ram enabled for them to work on PSP. That's the only example I can think of needing the extra ram, maybe there are more idk
    Thanks a lot for your reply! So if I want to put ISO’s in now do i simply create an ISO folder and just transfer?

Thanks
    EP Points

Yes PSP iso & cso go in the ISO folder.
    Eboots go in the GAME folder.

For PSX games best to stick to official PSOne Classics versions if they exist, if not you can create your own using PSX2PSP v 1.4.2.
    If you create your own PSX conversions (or get them already made from somewhere) you should grab the CDDA Enabler v2 plugin too or else some games will have missing audio.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Yes PSP iso & cso go in the ISO folder.
    Eboots go in the GAME folder.

For PSX games best to stick to official PSOne Classics versions if they exist, if not you can create your own using PSX2PSP v 1.4.2.
    If you create your own PSX conversions (or get them already made from somewhere) you should grab the CDDA Enabler v2 plugin too or else some games will have missing audio.
    Thanks I have one more question if you don’t mind

Seeing as it’s permanent CFW can I input /use other memory cards create ISO folder and add games or will I need to do CfW again for each card?

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah you can use other cards.
    It's cheaper to just get a memory stick to micro SD adapter tbh, micro SD cards are better value for $ per GB and the adapter itself is virtually nothing (like a few dollars at most).

There are single and dual adapters, the dual ones let you use 2x micro SD cards as one memory stick.

Spoiler warning: