Thread: Broke my SNES Classic?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Broke my SNES Classic?

Hello, Emupeople!
    It hasn’t been a while (since i’m kinda spamming the forums right now) but i’m still stuck with this problem wher I sort of bricked my SNES Mini.
    So, like 4 months ago (I didn’t knew what to do) I was messing with HakChi2, a tool that. an pimp your (S)NES Mini, but 1 day, HakChi2 crashed during sending files to the NAND, and I call this a NAND-Brick. The system is still playable, but nothing can be edited/deleted from the NAND.
    Does anyone know what to do? I’ll give more explaination if I’ll get replies.

Thanks for the helps
    Note to everyone who wants to contact me:
    This account has been abandonned as of February 1st of 2020. Because I cannot share any links to other social media in this signature, I recommend you to Google my username, and some of the top results may help you out. (or search for my GBAtemp signature, which should be helpful enough)

Do not try to send any DMs to me via the EPForums, because I've disabled them.

Also, to any of the mods on this site, do not delete this account.

Regards,
    Trash_Bandatcoot

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

the NAND-C back you should of made can be flashed to the nand and restore it's original state, if you failed to back this up you cold be very much out of luck

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Also tried that a long time ago, even that doesn't work...
    https://imgur.com/a/RawfH (Frame rate is really low, but its viewable)
    https://imgur.com/a/xoeZR (For those who can't see what the error message says)

The reason it says COMMAND.COM is because I was a complete idiot, thought HakChi2 was water-proof, and tried to put Windows 3.1 on it. But, it was too much for HakChi2, and it crashed. Because it thinks that COMMAND.COM has been put on it, but went missing (because it was deleted from the Mini because for reasons), HakChi2 will not work anymore.
    And yes, I tried to contact Cluster, maybe he knew about it, but never replied.
    Last edited by Trash Bandatcoot; 9th-February-2018 at 14:07. Reason: Added second Imgur link
    This account has been abandonned as of February 1st of 2020. Because I cannot share any links to other social media in this signature, I recommend you to Google my username, and some of the top results may help you out. (or search for my GBAtemp signature, which should be helpful enough)

Regards,
    Trash_Bandatcoot

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Sorry I know very little about this machine myself

I play SNES via various other consoles e.g. Wii Xbox 3DS and others but I don't own a mini SNES

I just read that flashing back your backup of the NAND-C should restore it back to normal, that is if you made the backup

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Allright then, guess I have to go to other forums, because like I said: Even if I do have thr NAND-C Backup (Which I have), the same error keeps popping up, over, over and over again no matter what I do

Thanks
    EP Points

Nevermind. I never went to Google in the first place and typed in
    'SNES Classic Access Denied Fix'
    Well, this time I did, and I was sent to GitHub, where people had the exact same problem, and Cluster himself also replied.
    So, there was this guy who made a tutorial on how to fix the error message. I followed the steps, went back to HakChi2, and the error message was gone.
    At that point I recovered the NAND-C, deleted the games I added to the hacked system, deleted the extra plugins, like the LibRetro things, deleted the folders, made a second backup and after that I deleted HakChi2 from my Mini completely.
    I powerd it back on, and it was like it was fresh out of the box.

Your info wasn't that helpful, but still, thanks for the help!

Regards,
    Trash_Bandatcoot