Thread: Connect Wii Sensor Bar to PC?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Connect Wii Sensor Bar to PC?

Hello. I've been messing with Dolphin lately but after I dumped some Wii games, I found out that most of the games make use of the Sensor bar. Well, I dont know where I start. So, how can I use/emulate a Wii Sensor Bar on PC?
    Let me know! Thanks!
    (Emulating a WSB is also ok)
    Note to everyone who wants to contact me:
    This account has been abandonned as of February 1st of 2020. Because I cannot share any links to other social media in this signature, I recommend you to Google my username, and some of the top results may help you out. (or search for my GBAtemp signature, which should be helpful enough)

Do not try to send any DMs to me via the EPForums, because I've disabled them.

Also, to any of the mods on this site, do not delete this account.

Regards,
    Trash_Bandatcoot

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WSB1.jpg 
Views:	540 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	54630
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WSB2.jpg 
Views:	461 
Size:	79.8 KB 
ID:	54631

You may need to uncheck the box "Sideways Wiimote" in the second picture.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks
    EP Points

It's also worth noting that in the third picture you'll see a drop down menu for "extension" where you can select nunchuk, classic even drums etc. and a configure button below that to set buttons as well. If you need to.

Thanks
    EP Points

So, just like in the Wii Menu, I can use the left joystick to move the cursor?
    Allright, I give it a try when i’m home.
    This account has been abandonned as of February 1st of 2020. Because I cannot share any links to other social media in this signature, I recommend you to Google my username, and some of the top results may help you out. (or search for my GBAtemp signature, which should be helpful enough)

Regards,
    Trash_Bandatcoot

Thanks
    Thanked 13,299 Times in 1,164 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by TheSecondBetterBitLoader View Post
    So, how can I use/emulate a Wii Sensor Bar on PC?
    It's worth pointing out that Wii sensor bars had no connectivity with the Wii they were connected to. They were connected to a Wii simply to power them, I think they're just a couple LEDs. A Wiimote would see them by your TV and then assume where you were pointing around there. You can buy cheap battery powered ones, and USB powered ones too, for $2-$3 shipped from China.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    It's worth pointing out that Wii sensor bars had no connectivity with the Wii they were connected to. They were connected to a Wii simply to power them, I think they're just a couple LEDs. A Wiimote would see them by your TV and then assume where you were pointing around there. You can buy cheap battery powered ones, and USB powered ones too, for $2-$3 shipped from China.
    I knew that already. I also don´t see ´Sideways Wiimote´, and it also seems that I need to use a real Wiimote, but no pointer, or an emulated Wiimote, with a pointer.
    Guess I have to choose one of them.

Ragnar, by the way, I still live in a house with my parents and they will never allow me to import something, but I will look for something around my town.

Good news it works now (Not how I want, but it works)
    Bad news, I choose the worst control sceme EVER because my keyboard is the only thing that works.
    But still, thanks for the help!
    Last edited by deadlegion; 31st-January-2018 at 20:27. Reason: merged posts

Regards,
    Trash_Bandatcoot