Thread: Thanks for emulation!

Milkyway galaxy, Sol system, planet Earth.
    Thanks
    EP Points

Default Thanks for emulation!

I just want to say thank you, to all those who program emulators, and makes roms/iso's. For quite some time, games from my childhood had been on my mind, I think MDK 2 was one of the most prevalent, I finally found it on Steam but it didn't work. Now I didn't remember that it was MDK 2, I just remembered a talking dog, mad scientist, and a guy with a gliding suit, after many searches with descriptions of the characters mentioned, I found it.
    This lead me to wishing for other games to be played again, but even if I managed to find them on Ebay, I was not guaranteed the games would be in working condition, or playable at all, same with required game systems/consoles. I stumbled upon emulation, thinking back now, I realize some of my friends from elementary school played emulated games.
    I never got to play the Zelda games on N64, I could just watch my friend who owned the console play it, I could play other games though. Another friend had Star Wars 1 Pod Racing for N64, I got to play it, compared to the pod racing game you can buy on PSN (ps4 store), the N64 game is way better. Games I was refused to play, or was allowed to play and have good memories from, are the ones I've missed playing.

Another Code: Two Memories is a game I like, for it's puzzle and story, about a decade ago, maybe more, I saw some images from the game, but in horizontal view and not top down. This confused me and I wondered how this game could look like a 3rd person game. Thanks to the effort of the emulation community, that has made old(er) games playable, I can now play a game I've always wanted to play, but never could because back then my game system options were rather limited. The Two Towers for PS2, was a game I got to play, once, for 15 minutes, then my license to play a friends game was revoked, been kinda disappointed about ever since. But I found the rom, and now I can play it again. Awesome! Up yours childhood friend

There are many more games I finally can play again, Karate Master, Pokemon Silver, Heart of Darkness, Shadowgate Classic, Jaws Unleashed (tried buying the pc version but I was sent on the walk of shame, damn cashier), HP Chamber of Secrets, Pokemon Stadium, Pokemon Snap, Tarzan (only N64 works but slow, if any know how to play ps1 I would be grateful), Lego Racers, Bomb Jack, etc. To be able to play these games again, I am grateful.

Games may be getting more advanced, but it's only thanks to the old games you can control orc hordes, kill Nile crocodiles, hunt wild machines, prove you didn't commit murder by murdering all along your way, tie up someone and leave them on the train tracks, shout at people, vault over zombies, knock out enemies with a rocket fist, wake up in a strange castle with no memory and the worst hangover ever, steal a car and drive with no regard for safety or human(npc) lives.

Screw the sun, Emulation is my god now!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PreserveWeShould For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Emulation is, hands down, one of the best things that has ever happened to gaming. It's been almost 10 years since I started to take interest in it. An awesome way to relive all your gaming moments as a child.

Thanks
    EP Points

I remember long ago I tried emulation but my PC just wasn't fast enough. I forgotten about for years til recently. This is how I found this place and joined.

I'd have to say that it was better than ever and our PCs are super fast machines.