Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your favourite Sega Dreamcast game?

Thanks

Rayman 2

Thanks
    Thanked 1,278 Times in 539 Posts
    EP Points

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by StealthRUSH View Post
    Oh man, very hard decision, although nostalgia combined with my love of giant robots would say;

Tech Romancer
    Chōkō Senki Kikaiōh

I've been reading upon the release since 1998 and playing direct Sega Naomi-board arcade titles soon to be released on Dreamcast Power Stone, Marvel Vs Capcom, Spawn In The Demons Hand and Tech Romancer that lead me to pre-order the system. Although my first few games I bought were Psychic Force 2012 and The King of Fighters Dream Match 1999 I was greatly anticipating Chōkō Senki Kikaiōh!
    Posts like this make me feel really good!

Given all the good name drops is I feel obligated to mention Project Justice & Star Gladiator 2: Nightmare of Bilstein on the fighting tip.

Cannon Spike, Giga Wing 2, GunBird 2 for Morrigan as my SHMUP picks!

Thanks
    EP Points

Demolition Racer: No Exit.

Thanks

Fantastic list of games! I honestly never heard of the Dreamcast until I found it in a doctor's office and I played Sonic Adventure. Fast-forward a few years later when I started making money on my own, I had a bought a Dreamcast with games and accessories from eBay. This was at least 3 years after it was discontinued. Here were my favourite games;

220px-Phantasy_Star_Online_cover_art_jp.png

Phantasy Star Online.. I REALLY wish I had this game when the official server was still up. You can still play it on private servers.

G2dcboxart.jpg

Someone else mentioned Grandia 2. I LOVED the first Grandia, but for some reason my save file got corrupted when I was at the near end of the game. When I saw this gem I played and didn't stop until I beat it. This game holds a special place in my heart for being one of the first games I actually completed. <3

513KYS3K6YL._SX385_.jpg

Fighting games were never as interesting to me as RPGs. Mortal Kombat and Super Smash Bros. series might hold my attention for a few weeks. But this game held my attention just a little longer for my teenage-self. If you're aware of DOA, you're aware of its game physics and why I only played it when I was alone in the house.
    Last edited by MattyPoo; 26th-February-2019 at 14:02.

Thanks
    EP Points

Shenmue 1, Shenmue 2
    Zombie Revenge
    Daytona USA 2001
    Metropolis Street Racer

(I could also say all the Arcade conversions)

Thanks

My fave is Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes.

Thanks

i love those games and i have a dreamcast now and marvel vs capcon 2. Ive never tried the bleem thing, I woud like to but I dont know how to get that.

I have to say most of my favorites are fighting games:
    Marvel vs Capcom 2, MvC clash of super heros, Soul Caliber, Capcom vs SNK 1 and 2, King of Fighters evolution, Plasma Sword, Street Fighter alpha3, JoJo's bizarre adventure, Power Stone 1and2, Skies of Arcadia, Berserk Guts' rage, Jet Grind Radio, Tony Hawk pro skater2, Blitz 2000, Bust-A-Move 4, Spider-Man. theyre all nostalgic to me and replaying as an adult theyre still good games. I actually dont have Skies of Arcadia I would love to play that again.
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 20th-October-2019 at 17:30.

Thanks

No one has said anything about the power stone series so I felt the need to chime in lol. Grab 4 controllers and your friends and kill each other for essentially what are chaos emeralds. I remember playing games with friends

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MattyPoo View Post
    Fantastic list of games! I honestly never heard of the Dreamcast until I found it in a doctor's office and I played Sonic Adventure. Fast-forward a few years later when I started making money on my own, I had a bought a Dreamcast with games and accessories from eBay. This was at least 3 years after it was discontinued. Here were my favourite games;

220px-Phantasy_Star_Online_cover_art_jp.png

Phantasy Star Online.. I REALLY wish I had this game when the official server was still up. You can still play it on private servers.

G2dcboxart.jpg

Someone else mentioned Grandia 2. I LOVED the first Grandia, but for some reason my save file got corrupted when I was at the near end of the game. When I saw this gem I played and topanimalreview.com I beat it. This game holds a special place in my heart for being one of the first games I actually completed. <3

513KYS3K6YL._SX385_.jpg

Fighting games were never as interesting to me as RPGs. Mortal Kombat and Super Smash Bros. series might hold my attention for a few weeks. But this game held my attention just a little longer for my teenage-self. If you're aware of DOA, you're aware of its game physics and why I only played it when I was alone in the house.
    Grandia 2 is my fav!

Thanks

Loving the fact the old DC is getting some love still.
    I got one at launch and loved it, I am currently setting up my games room and have been digging out my old save files for PSO... Still Great even offline play.

My favourite games are still

Skies of Arcadia
    &
    Phantasy Star Online - I recall getting this a day before official launch and the online play was awesome.

Thanks

Loving the fact the old DC is getting some love still.
    I got one at launch and loved it, I am currently setting up my games room and have been digging out my old save files for PSO... Still Great even offline play.

My favourite games are still

Skies of Arcadia
    &
    Phantasy Star Online - I recall getting this a day before official launch and the online play was awesome.

Thanks

256px-Propeller_Arena_cover.jpg
    Also.....do not forget this game. Great fun just a shame it was never officially released

Thanks

SoulCalibur!

Thanks

Sonic Adventure is the best Sega Dreamcast game.Sonic Adventure is a 1998 platform game for Sega's Dreamcast and the first main Sonic the Hedgehog game to feature 3D gameplay.i love play Sonic Adventure,it is a cool game.but i prefer fifa ultimate team more than Sonic Adventure.i spend a lot of time on fifa ultimate team player market for fifa coins making.
    Last edited by friendlinzh; 15th-October-2020 at 01:41.