Thread: Please Help A Noob With A Soft Modded Wii

Thanks

Default Please Help A Noob With A Soft Modded Wii

Hi everyone, i'm hoping the soft mod veterans/experts here can help me out. I recently soft modded my Wii because it was collecting dust. I used the Wii Mod Batch (v3.0), Prilloader 236 Mod, HackMii Installer and the Wii Mod (v3.0).

I followed the instructions from this website. https://www.groovypost.com/howto/sof...endo-wii-easy/

I downloaded a Gamecube game I used to own which was Super Mario Sunshine and the file had an extension of .gcm so Googling it I read that you need to change .gcm to .iso and so I used Nero to burn the image to a 4.7 GB DVD Disc. I inserted the disc in the Wii and it did not recognize it as a Gamecube game.

Could someone please tell me what i'm doing wrong and if you don't mind followup questions?

Thanks
    EP Points

Hello, Rodster!
    I totally see what you're doing wrong.
    You see, the Wii discs have a special file or something like that, that can only be ran on a Wii. Since the disc you have doesn't have that 'special thing', the game cannot be loaded. But don't worry! There is a way around that.

(Before you start, I'am telling you that i'm not responsible for any possible damage to your Wii. It's your fault if you brick your Wii. If you really want to be brick-proof, I recommend you to download Priiloader. Be also sure, that if you download Priiloader, you make permanent changes to the NAND (Wii Memory). Be also carefull with that!)

This are the requirements:
    The Homebrew Channel (duhh)
    NeoGamma Backup Launcher (https://mega.nz/#!QchxWSoT!YcKIVVyL4...EwkZ0B-ukX5kvA)
    Priiloader (Just if you want to be brick-proof, http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Priiloader, look at the right, you will see a 'download' button. Follow then the instructions)
    The same SD Card you installed The Homebrew Channel with
    A PC
    A SD Card to USB thingy...

You got all that? GOOD.
    *sigh*

Allright, let's get started!
    1. Take your SD Card out of your Wii, and put it in your PC.
    2. Download NeoGamma.
    3. Open the *.zip file (Just double-click on it).
    4. Put the 'apps' folder into the root of your SD Card (root is the place when you open the SD Card).
    5. After you copied everything, take out your SD Card and put it back into your Wii.
    6. Go to the Wii Menu and open The Homebrew Channel.
    7. Put in your backup of Super Mario Sunshine.
    8. Follow the steps, and find out yourself how to start the game.

That's all! If you have any trouble, message me. It can be possible that I want reply instantly.
    Also, please let me know if it does work.
    Bye! -TheSecondBeterBitLoader
    Note to everyone who wants to contact me:
    This account has been abandonned as of February 1st of 2020. Because I cannot share any links to other social media in this signature, I recommend you to Google my username, and some of the top results may help you out. (or search for my GBAtemp signature, which should be helpful enough)

Do not try to send any DMs to me via the EPForums, because I've disabled them.

Also, to any of the mods on this site, do not delete this account.

Regards,
    Trash_Bandatcoot

Thanks
    EP Points

Why not try this Homebrew app called Nintendont, so you can run Gamecube games from an SD card or USB drive? That way, you wouldn't have to burn Gamecube images to discs, which I think is now an obsolete method of running Gamecube backups? Gamecube images can be converted to ISO via DMToolBox.

Thanks
    EP Points

Rodster, by the way, can you explain me how you burned the *.iso file to a disk? I have trouble with it...
    Note to everyone who wants to contact me:
    This account has been abandonned as of February 1st of 2020. Because I cannot share any links to other social media in this signature, I recommend you to Google my username, and some of the top results may help you out. (or search for my GBAtemp signature, which should be helpful enough)

Do not try to send any DMs to me via the EPForums, because I've disabled them.

Also, to any of the mods on this site, do not delete this account.

Regards,
    Trash_Bandatcoot

Thanks

Last edited by Rodster; 14th-March-2018 at 22:03. Reason: merged posts

Thanks

OK i'm now playing Animal Crossing (GC) from my USB drive. One problem though, it's asking for a memory card in either slot A or B. Do I need another SD Card?
    Last edited by Rodster; 14th-March-2018 at 22:04.