Thread: Can't get rumble to work on PlayStation (Beetle PSX HW) core in RetroArch

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Can't get rumble to work on PlayStation (Beetle PSX HW) core in RetroArch

I can't get rumble to work with Beetle PSX HW (aka Mednafen) core in RetroArch x64 1.7.0. I have a Logitech F710 controller which works in both DInput and XInput modes, but rumble feature isn't working with either. I tried setting Joypad driver to dinput and xinput, and choosing User 1 Device Type as DualShock, but nothing can make vibration feature work at all.

I recall that in past releases of RetroArch, switching to XInput used to enable rumble, but this trick isn't working anymore, I just can't get the controller to vibrate in either of the controller modes. Could anyone tell me how do I get rumble feature to work? I really like the combo of RetroArch and Mednafen PSX core, due to the emulator accuracy, but I'm almost switching to another emulator due to lack of rumble support.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Can you please try the vanilla (regular) version of Beetle PSX and see if it works?

The HW ver of Beetle PSX is a WIP so it may not work correctly.

Edit: I was told by the RetroArch dudes that the F710 is compatible, can you test the rumble in the device properties?
    Last edited by Warrior; 17th-January-2018 at 19:09.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.