Thread: Is there a way to rip music from PC game roms?

Thanks

Default Is there a way to rip music from PC game roms?

I have a rom of the PC/Microsoft Windows version of the video game F.E.A.R. Perseus Mandate. I was wondering if there was a way to rip/extract music from it.

Is it possible to obtain music from a PC rom? I know it's difficult to rip music from other system's roms, like PlayStation 2 for example, but is it any easier to extract music from a rom of a PC game?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

For starters, it's not a rom, it's a disc image.

In answer to your question at large, yes. It's possible to convert music from PC games but you need to install them first and go from there.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks

...Really...?

I don't have the actual copy of the PC version of the game, though. Is it possible without that?

Thanks

I just pulled this off google sounds simple enough ....

Extract VOBs
    Step
    Download WinRAR or WinZIP. Both extraction programs have the ability to extract the video object, or VOB, files from an ISO image file, and both are available for free trial download at CNET (see Resources.)

Step
    Install WinRAR or WinZIP on your computer. Once you've downloaded either program, install it by going to the "Downloads" folder, double-clicking the setup icon and following the instructions through the setup process.

Step
    Open the "Start" menu and go to "Computer" or "My Computer." Find the ISO file you would like to extract the audio from, choose the drive it's stored on, and navigate to the folder the file is stored in.

Step
    Right-click on the ISO file and choose "Extract" from the context menu. The VOB files are extracted from the ISO and appear separately in the folder.

Step
    Double-click any of the VOB files to view the file. If you are trying to extract the audio from the main video file on the disc, usually a movie, it's most likely the largest VOB file. Continue to view the files until you find the specific video from which you would like to extract audio.

Extract Audio
    Step
    Open your web browser and go to an online media converter. Online converters that can extract audio from VOB files include Zamzar and YouConvert It (see Resources.)

Step
    Upload the VOB file that contains the audio you would like to extract into the media converter. To upload, click the "Browse" button, find the file in the window that comes up and double-click the file.

Step
    Select "MP3" from the list of output formats.

Step
    Enter your email address into the converter and click the "Convert" button. The system extracts the audio from the VOB you uploaded and sends an MP3 copy of the audio to your email.