Thread: Issues getting MAME roms to work

Thanks

Angry Issues getting MAME roms to work

For xmas my brother made me a Raspberry pi 3 with retropie installed. He loaded up some games for me to enjoy right off the bat and it's been so much fun! I started my journey on setting up WinSCP and transferring new roms to play. It has been a relatively smooth experience except for using MAME.

MY QUESTION/PROBLEM: The game I want to play, Captain America and The Avengers, won't work (I have the genesis version but it's not the same). The game just goes to a blue screen asking which emulator i want to use and then fades to black and returns to the MAME game select screen. I've even tried a neogeo.zip file that was suggested I use with it. The only MAME games I can get to work are Superman (japan) version and Great 1000 Miles Rally. I'm sure some others work too but not the ones I want to work. What am I doing wrong? I've tried them in the Arcade, FBA, Liberto and mame4all folders.

This list of games all seem to work. https://pastebin.com/EdBXzyhP what is the difference between these roms and Captain America and The Avengers?
    Last edited by Stebahn; 5th-January-2018 at 00:41.

Thanks

you need the captaven.zip to play the rom, besides of course, all nescessary mame bioses to play some 95% of games, even in a rpi3, which, of course,can't play some of the most hardcore cames in the yuge mame catalog.