Thread: What is going on with PCSXR?

Thanks

Unhappy What is going on with PCSXR?

PCSXR doesn't seem to work for me. Whenever I open an ISO in the emulator, it comes up with a black screen and nothing happens. Either that or an error message appears saying "The operation couldn't be completed. Could not check CD-ROM!" It's very disappointing because I want to play Mega Man X3-6 with PCSXR. :-(
    But even if I don't use an ISO and I use a .rar file instead, (I have been recommended to do that.) PCSXR doesn't seem to run it at all.
    More details:
    - I have a MacBook Pro and the version is Yosemite 10.10.5.
    - I have tried to use many different file types.
    - The version of PCSXR I am using is 1.9.93
    - I have tried downloading other copies. None of them seem to work either.
    - I've tried other PlayStaion emulators for Mac. They either don't download very well or don't work at all. PCSXR seems to be the best one for me.
    Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Has someone posted something similar? If so, I would like the link to it.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 21st-February-2018 at 11:10. Reason: merged posts

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Have you tried RetroArch or OpenEmu ?
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks

I think to use OpenEmu to play PlayStation games, you need version 2.0 which I unfortunately can not use due to the software version of my computer. I have never heard of RetroArch though, I'll try that.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by SurvivorOfTheApocalypse View Post
    I think to use OpenEmu to play PlayStation games, you need version 2.0 which I unfortunately can not use due to the software version of my computer. I have never heard of RetroArch though, I'll try that.
    It may seem overwhelming at first but its really quite easy, if you need a hand il be more than happy to help you out being a fellow MMZ fan.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks

Got my PlayStation cores ready on RetroArch. Unfortunately though, whenever I try to load the content (A Mega Man X3 PS1 file.) it keeps coming up with an error message that says "Failed to load content." I don't know why though, because I've used .bin, .rar and .iso files and none of them have worked. Do you know any other file types I could try?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You need the bios set, here ya go - Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. its the top link that says RetroArch, extract the contents to the RetroArch system folder.

Use Mednafen/Beetle regular not the HW variant unless you like to test things.

PCSX ReARMed does not require a bios file but it helps.

To see if the bios is detected Load the desired core then go to Information>Core Information and it will give you the details of the core and say PRESENT or MISSING where the Bios and Support Files are listed.

Thanks

Okie dokie! I'll try that someday.

(Sorry I didn't get to this in a while.)
    I just tried opening an ISO file along with the cores and everything. The emulator is still saying that it couldn't load the content. Do I have to put the ISO file in a RetroArch system folder or something like what I had to do with the BIOS?
    Last edited by deadlegion; 21st-February-2018 at 11:11. Reason: merged posts

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

(Sorry I didn't get to this in a while.)
    I just tried opening an ISO file along with the cores and everything. The emulator is still saying that it couldn't load the content. Do I have to put the ISO file in a RetroArch system folder or something like what I had to do with the BIOS?
    Check to see if RetroArch is detecting the Bios files, load the core and go to information>core information and see if it says PRESENT or MISSING.

What core/system and file type are you trying to run?

Thanks

All the BIOS files are detected. The core I'm using is "Beetle PSX" and I'm trying to run an ISO file.

Oh and I just want to point out that the version of RetroArch I'm running is 1.6.0.

Wait, I think I know whats going on. I need a cue sheet, don't I?
    Last edited by deadlegion; 21st-February-2018 at 11:11. Reason: merged posts

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Oh and I just want to point out that the version of RetroArch I'm running is 1.6.0.
    Way too out of date, grab the latest nightly.

Wait, I think I know whats going on. I need a cue sheet, don't I?
    You would be correct, CD images MUST be in Bin/Cue format, never in iso.

Remind me please and I will upload the X series in redump format.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

@ OP please do not double post, use Edit Post.

Spoiler warning: