Thread: Spyro keeps pausing ( ghost inputs)

Thanks

Default Spyro keeps pausing ( ghost inputs)

So as the title states I'm having an issue with the original Spyro. It's not lagging or skipping but it keeps pulling up the pause menu when there is not input to do so.
    I should state I am running a pretty sweet multi emulator called Matsu player for Android. So far this is the only game that I've had this issue with and only other games I've had issue with were the diablo and Warcraft 2 ports but those just get to the menu and won't take any input which I feel is the emulator but this problem with Spyro is something I've never encountered before in any game I've emulated.

Thanks

Could it be a problem with your controller? I've had issues like this one before, and these were the exact problems and solutions for them.

It could be the button assignment. I always use a PlayStation 1 controller for all of my roms, whether or not they're PS1 games. I use a program called Xpadder to assign the keyboard's keys to what buttons I want to use for the PS1 controller. If I'm not using Xpadder, then I just use the manual controller configuration that all emulators have. Could it be that maybe you assigned the pause button to another button that you keep having to hit, or are maybe accidentally hitting?

Another thing is this. Is your controller tightly plugged into your computer? A lot of the time when playing roms (or actual video game copies, too), if your controller is unplugged for whatever reason, the game will automatically pause. Or at least when it detects/thinks that the controller unplugged, even if it really didn't. Sometimes, however, it might detect/think that the controller was plugged back in, and rather quickly, too, so by the time you un-pause the game manually, you wouldn't have known that that was the problem.

If this is the case, then make sure that your controller is properly plugged in, and if it is, then it just might be a problem with your controller as a whole. I've had issues with controllers where their wire gets ripped or torn, or the plug is bent somehow, and then it has a hard time staying plugged in, or the computer/system has a hard time reading it.

Those are consistently pausing problems and solutions that I've experienced before. Hopefully this helps you out. I wish you the best of luck!