Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Bill Aims to Ban Loot Boxes for Minors Under 21

Thanks
    EP Points

Default New Bill Aims to Ban Loot Boxes for Minors Under 21

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miBaUGPl1Ko

way to go, EA! your and other greedy publishers and developers have only yourselves to blame for this happening.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Better idea, parents act like parents instead of needing the nanny state to do it for them.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I won't be complaining if this passes and kills loot boxes forever . I agree with Treos, the mega-publishers brought this on themselves by offering gambling to children.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks

Nuke lootboxes from orbit. Hopefully, this takes EA down a peg. And Blizzard, too.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

18-21 isn't a minor
    So does this mean US games will have content removed now?

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    18-21 isn't a minor

Lol. One representative from the great state of Hawaii speaking out. I rellay don't expect much

Thanks
    EP Points

All games with such content should be adults only. If there isn't a Restricted rating already create one.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

All games with such content should be adults only. If there isn't a Restricted rating already create one.
    Just play the old Battlefront 2 with mods

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Aeolus Aeneas View Post
    Better idea, parents act like parents instead of needing the nanny state to do it for them.
    uh... *points to Call of Duty*

uh... *points to DLC in general* that's largely what DLC is. removed content sold after the game is released for an extra profit on top of the games initial $60+ price tag.

why else would a game like Megadimension Neptunia VII for ps4 have over 100 different DLCs? (yes, that game literally has 100+ DLCs) the overwhelming majority of which are extra costumes, weapons, and coliseum battles. all of which could easily have been left in-game by default and be made unlockable through various different conditions. instead, they were all removed and sold as DLC.

"Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please reload the window."

ok, i get it, you stupid forum system. i have to do Ctrl+F5, not F5, to refresh and actually post a reply. why? hell if i know since pretty much every other website i visit doesn't do that.

Thanks
    EP Points

I was joking about removing access to said content completely. As in US versions don't have DLC purchase options at all, because "think about the children".

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I was joking about removing access to said content completely. As in US versions don't have DLC purchase options at all, because "think about the children".
    We wouldn't be losing out on anything that mattered. No high impact sexual violence just like Australia .

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Guile View Post
    We wouldn't be losing out on anything that mattered. No high impact sexual violence just like Australia .
    We have an R18+ rating dude
    Off the top of my head I only recall South Park TSoT being censored, same as the EU version was. And afaik the game wasn't modified due to refusal of classification, it was modified before submission to be classified.

Not saying other examples of censored games in recent years don't exist but that's the only one I can think of.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You're supposed to get carded here for M games. I'm not sure how often it happens since I haven't bought anything retail in some time.

Thanks
    EP Points

We have an R18+ rating dude
    Off the top of my head I only recall South Park TSoT being censored, same as the EU version was. And afaik the game wasn't modified due to refusal of classification, it was modified before submission to be classified.

Not saying other examples of censored games in recent years don't exist but that's the only one I can think of.
    This actually amazes me but yes, he is utterly correct any game that has been censored in ausitralia has eventually come out uncensored (probably when it wasn't a feminist reviewing the game) or the scene has been changed. However, a couple still seem to be banned outright...one of them being "Phantasmagoria", even the new GoG re-release is still technically banned "Marc Ecko's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure" is another,..."Voyeur" is STILL banned XD, Hot Line Miami 2 got banned, at which the devs had this to say:

"The developers and publisher responded by saying the board had misrepresented the scene, which was optional, and told players just to "pirate it after release". "No need to send us any money, just enjoy the game," HM2 co-creator Jonatan Söderströmm told a gamer in an email that was shared online." Hotline Miami 2 was submitted for classification twice in 2015; the board refused to classify it both times." The monster does rear it's head still every now and again ...holy shit! The new Syndicate is banned in ausiland due to its "depiction of destruction of public/private property" XD

"EA never resubmitted Syndicate for release again. The Board's stance would have resulted in too many scenes and too many pieces of the game to be amended. Syndicate is available digitally, although you'll need a VPN to purchase it through Origin." < that one is just fucking insane :/
    Last edited by Crash-Headroom; 16th-December-2017 at 16:53.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Crash-Headroom View Post
    holy shit! The new Syndicate is banned in ausiland due to its "depiction of destruction of public/private property" XD

"EA never resubmitted Syndicate for release again. The Board's stance would have resulted in too many scenes and too many pieces of the game to be amended. Syndicate is available digitally, although you'll need a VPN to purchase it through Origin." < that one is just fucking insane :/
    wow, that sounds pretty extreme for a video game.