Thread: Having trouble with ford racing 2 and 3 help would be appreciated

Thanks

Default Having trouble with ford racing 2 and 3 help would be appreciated

I'm using my Ps2 (fat) with a 320gp internal sata hard. I bought an IDE to SATA network adapter to make the hard drive work (and it works great with the other 75 games on the hard drive).

I'm using free mcboot 1.95 with HD loader and Open ps2 Loader. I installed all the games (except star wars bounty hunter) through winhiip.

my issue is that i can't get ford racing 2 or 3 to boot from my HDD either from the iso file available for download from this site, or by crating my own iso from the physical games (which worked for the evil dead boomstick edition).

ford racing 3 just gives me the white screen, while ford racing 2 just sits on a black screen.

I've even tried patching (with ESR patcher) and burning them to DVD-5 to try to use them with ESR (instead of from my HDD) but they just sit on the purple screen) - I'm not sure if i should have burned them on a cd-r as that is their original format?

I've tried a few different compatibility settings, but i'm getting a little annoyed with these two. the OPL compatability lists says they work if you burn them from the iso to your HDD with winhiip - which is what i do, but they are not loading for me. Hopefully someone has experience with these and can help.
    on a side note, when i burn them straight from my discs through winhiip it asks me if they are cd or dvd media, i know that they are cd-r media, but i choose to mark them as dvd because those other iso's are dvd.

thanks in advance

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

If they were CD games originally the dumps should be bin/cue, not iso.
    Some PS2 CD bin/cue games can be converted to PS2 DVD iso type but I have no idea about these particular titles.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    If they were CD games originally the dumps should be bin/cue, not iso.
    Some PS2 CD bin/cue games can be converted to PS2 DVD iso type but I have no idea about these particular titles.
    wow, ok i didn't know that. i thought they had to be ISO format. that is likely where i screwed up, and i appreciate the help. I converted the bin/cue files to a single ISO. i did that for a few games.

Thanks
    EP Points

For people ESR patching games to use them, CD based games need to be converted to DVD type first...then ESR patch.
    There's a toolkit for converting CD games to DVD.

https://www.epforums.org/showthread....46#post1583546
    ^Scroll down a little and you'll see a heading CONVERT CD GAMES TO DVD, there are some links there so you can do some reading.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

as i said i appreciated the help. you were 100% correct, this time i loaded them as bin/cue files instead of iso's and they work perfectly. thanks

Thanks
    EP Points

No problem
    Yeah I wasn't sure if you could load as bin/cue using loaders, I have no experience with them at all. I do know that pure FMCB users need to convert to DVD then ESR patch.

Spoiler warning: