Thread: Problems with Isos involving the dolphine gamecube emulator.

Thanks

Default Problems with Isos involving the dolphine gamecube emulator.

Im new to emulation but im very interested in it so I have looked at a few videos and tried time after time to get it to work but I ran into problems. I am able to download the Iso/Rom and I then open dolphin and open the file with the Iso/Rom. Once I click on it it loads up and gives me a black screen with some text that gives me readings on the graphics and what not. Then the text disapears and my game never loads, it sits there in a perpetual black screen so I am forced to close the emulator. If anyone has any information on what im doing wrong please let me know and if you need more specific information I will reply as soon as possible with the information. Thanks for all of you that help.

Thanks
    EP Points

Pretty much all isos are zipped to save a bit of time while downloading. Chances are you just have to unzip. Use 7zip it's free.

Check the file extension of the downloaded file. Also any specific game?

7-zip:

http://www.7-zip.org/download.html

Thanks

I think i already tried that. I downloaded 7zip and extracted the file with 7zip. It went from a WinRaR file to a disc image file. I may be doing something wrong but im not sure exactly. also the game is crash bandicoot the wrath of cortex.

Thanks
    EP Points

Double check and make sure it's an .iso all GC games should be. You can right click on it and choose properties to see but sounds like you should have it. Stupid question but you did get the gamecube version and not the ps2 one or something?

I'll give it a download and check as well. Just give me a few minutes.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Some Gamecube games can have the gcm extension but iirc they should still work in Dolphin anyway.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Some Gamecube games can have the gcm extension but iirc they should still work in Dolphin anyway.
    Yeah that's right. Slaps forehead.

Thanks
    EP Points

Gamecube iso should be around 1.4GB but if they're gcm they might be trimmed smaller?

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

I got mine on emuparadise and it said the gamecube version was about 930 MB but when i extracted it the file turned int a 1.4 GB so im not sure what happened?

Quick question. How do I check and see if it is an Iso? Should i head back the the website i got it from or should i just look in my files? also im pretty sure that it is the gamecube version as i was initially going to use a ps2 emulator but couldent get that to work so i opted to use the dolphin emulator.

I just tried opening the game file without trying to open it through the emulator and it said "couldent mount file, The disc image is corrupted" not sure if that helps out at all but thought id let you all know incase it does.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 20th-December-2017 at 19:45. Reason: merged posts

Thanks
    EP Points

If you can't see file extensions you should change that.
    In Win7 you go to Organize>Folder and search options, then click on the View tab. Look for a line that says Hide extensions for known file types and untick the box next to it. Click Apply.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Okay ill give it a try. also im going out for lunch so ill be back in like 30-60 Minutes. ill let you know how it all turns out once im done.

Thanks
    EP Points

Ok I grabbed it from the mainsite...

https://www.emuparadise.me/Nintendo_...f_Cortex/66148

Used 7-zip to extract and loaded it up in Dolphin 5.0.

I whipped through the first level. Seems to be perfectly fine.

Jackhammer is offline Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,268 Times in 270 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Gamecube iso should be around 1.4GB but if they're gcm they might be trimmed smaller?

Some can be trimmed like a Game Boy boot disc to a 1.6MB. Once it's extracted from the zip file, the image has padding to expand the ISO to 1.35GB.

Thanks

I was able to change the setting that was hiding the extension. The initial file is a .7z extension but once i extracted it with Winrar it turned into an iso so i do have the correct extension.

So you were able to get it to work no problem Zaladane? Okay ill try unistalling and reinstalling it again and see if it might have been a problem with how it extracted it intially.

I completelty unistalled the emulator and the game and reinstalled them. I extracted the game file with Winrar and played it but nothing changed. it is just in that black screen again.
    Last edited by Jackhammer; 21st-December-2017 at 00:27. Reason: Triple post

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.duffus22 View Post
    I was able to change the setting that was hiding the extension. The initial file is a .7z extension but once i extracted it with Winrar it turned into an iso so i do have the correct extension.
    No iso is fine too. Try using 7zip itself to extract. Winrar is pretty poopy these days and it is a .7z file anyhow.

Is the game shwoing up in Dolphin? Like so:

Name:  Crashcortex.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  75.9 KB

Make a simple folder like C:\GCgames and put the iso in there. And goto options-configure and click the paths tab at the top and add your iso folder to the main box. It should then show up in the Dolphin panel like above.

Thanks

Okay I got it to show up but its still giving me the black screen.

OMG! it was my graphics setting!

Okay its working now finally. Thanks again to all of you for helping me out with this whole thing I truly appreciate it, I couldent have done it without you guys.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 21st-December-2017 at 08:38. Reason: merged posts