Thread: winhip the selected hard drive does not have a valid ps2 master root record

Thanks

Default winhip the selected hard drive does not have a valid ps2 master root record

I keep getting this error and i've seen lots of people with the same issue

I'm unable to format my drive, ive used external prograsm to attempt fat32 formats, it worked but still same issue

What could be cauisn git, and how can it be fixed?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Are the jumper settings set up as Master ?

http://psx-scene.com/forums/f98/solu...winhiip-64393/ is worth following through

Make sure software used is set to run as admin also if you get any permission errors

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Where can i set the jumper settings to master?

I looked up on that website as you provided yesterday, but since there's no pictures showing on it either i got rather confused, where i could locate "initilaze disc" or "online"

Software on the other hand is always ran as administrator, and the issue persist on both a External HDD to usb 700 gb AND a normal sata powered hdd thats connected with a IDE adapter to 2 of my USB holes in my laptop

Thanks

I don't know for a fact, but this sounds like the same problem i was having. I am using a 3.5 sata drive, with my ps2 (with the sata to ide network adapter- it works really well). i plug it into my pc with a sata to usb adapter. firstly the 3.5 sata to usb needs to have it's own power source for the drive (the cable i bought from amazon does) or else the drive won't be recognized.
    2nd (as you stated) on windows 10 you have to run winhiip as an administrator or it won't find the drive. (you have to back click on the winhiip application, then scroll down to run as administrator.
    3rd, under select drive it will then recognize the hard drive, and let you format it 48 bit (for drives over 128gb).
    the administrator thing kept messing me up until i figured that out.
    hope this helps. heres the sata to usb adapter i use.

http://a.co/93ot4dW