Thread: 30 years of Final Fantasy

Thanks
    EP Points

Default 30 years of Final Fantasy

Today, Final Fantasy turned 30 years old. So I figured we'd have a thread about our favorite moments, characters, and entries in the series as well as what got you into the franchise. l'll start off

Favorite: Final Fantasy VIII.
    Favorite characters: Cecil, Vivi, Gilgamesh, Hope, and Prompto
    Favorite moment in the series would have to be when Cecil becomes a Paladin
    Was introduced to the series with FFVI Advance. I had never played an RPG before then, but wanted to try one out. I vaguely recognized the name Final Fantasy so I got it, played it on my DS, and absolutely fell in love with the franchise. I also believe that VI is the best game in the franchise, even to this day.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pringr0 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

You know, I don't know which one was my first Final Fantasy - I think it was either Final Fantasy Adventure or Final Fantasy Legend on the Gameboy - neither of which, oddly, are real Final Fantasy games. But the first one I completed was definitely Final Fantasy 1, on an emulated NES.

Favorite: Final Fantasy VIII
    Favorite characters: Terra, Seifer, Bartz, Marche, Montblanc
    Favorite moment is super hard, so I'm going to cop out and split it.
    Favorite playable moment: The Brothers GF fight in FF8. The two of them have a lot of character for a summon and it was a great optional challenge. Defeating Warmech in FF1 is a close second.
    Favorite story moment: The transition from the World of Balance to the World of Ruin in FF6. The second here is from FF8... Eyes on Me.

But I will say, in Final Fantasy Legend, fighting God - and winning - definitely gives you a feeling of "holy shit did that just happen".

Thanks

Favorite: Final Fantasy XII.
    Favorite characters: Irvine, Vincent Valentine, Penelo, Zack and Vivi.
    Favorite moment: The boat scene from FF VIII before the SeeD exam.
    Favorite playable moment: Fight against Yiazmat on FF XII.
    Favorite story moment: When Zack meets Aeris <3.

My Blog:http://retroorama.blogspot.com (In spanish)

Thanks

The first Final Fantasy game I ever played was FFIV. I was super floored to see Cecil go from being a dark knight, to defeating himself, to being a paladin. I just love seeing characters going full circle. My most recent game is FFXV, and it was the first game to actually make me almost cry.

Favorite: Final Fantasy IV
    Favorite Characters: Cecil, Noctis, Squall, Edge, Shadow, Yuffie (I like ninjas).
    Favorite Playable Moment: Cecil becoming a paladin
    Favorite Story Moment: Noctis' reuniting with Luna in death. The music was what really made the moment perfect. The music was really good all throughout the game. (Florence and the Machine sings the credits song and its perfect).